Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Site Upload

Hello Everybody,

I have installed Catalogue 7 and followed the wizards to set up my FTP and website details. I get the following error towards the end of the setup :-

Actinic received an request forbidden error from the web server. The server is not properly configured to allow Actinic to run CGI scripts from the cgi-bin. Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to review your web site configuration.

If I then try to Update the site I get the following error :-

An error occurred when sending the merge request.

If I do a test from Advanced|Network Setup the test passes

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
    Unusual Silver Jewellery
    Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
    Crystal Healing Jewellery
    Steampunk Jewellery

Login using an FTP application and check that you have the following folders within your public_html (web, or documents) folder:

acatalog
    cgi-bin (or what ever your is called within the public area).

Make sure that these are atleast 0755 (some people need 0777 which seems over the top and dangerous), with 0755 being: drwxr-x-r-x which you should be able to find out by getting a directory listing of the folders.

if they are present and got good permissions as above, then check the ownerships, i.e. who owns the folders and do they match your username, which could be one of the issues if the permissions are correct and your username is say 'joebloggs' but the folders are owned by apache for example.

If there are differences then you will need to speak with your host.

Comment

The permissions for the folders were set to 765 so I have changed them to 755 as you sugest. This has not resolved my problem.

How do I check the ownership of these folders?

The Actalog folder is a subfolder of /htdocs this also has the permission 755
      Unusual Silver Jewellery
      Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
      Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

Update

I originally changed the permission just for the folders. I have now checked the box to aplly the changes to the files it contains and all now is well.

Many thanks for your help
        Unusual Silver Jewellery
        Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
        Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

Working...
        X