try to upload to a windows server...problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

try to upload to a windows server...problem

I am trying to upload to a windows server, which of course doesn't have a cgi-bin, actinic is looking for a cgi-bin but can't find it i don't know what to do now?I would appreciate any feedback....

You need to have your own cgi-bin to run actinic. Windows servers can have them, it might be called something else though, my first windows server called the directory scripts, my current one calls it cgibin. You need to contact your host and ask them for an Actinic network settings import file or for details of the settings that you should be using.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Similar problem this week - my ISP said I had to upgrade to a Linux server & charged me extra!
      Paul
      Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Just becuse it is windows server does not mean you cannot have a cgi-bin. Actinic is supposed to run on both server types just it seems to be happier on Linux.
        Jenny
        Hanson Web Design
        www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
        jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
        Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

Most Windows servers will run your scripts from any directory. Just use your
          FTP to create your own cgi-bin. You should see a MkDir button to do this.

Good Luck

Al

Comment

Working...
          X