Section Titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section Titles

I am setting up a main catalog page (based on one of the clean layouts - 10) with grey navigation buttons and section links on the left hand side, and have told Actinic that I want images only for the section links, and have provided and defined the images. When I look at the final pages, there are spaces between the images, when I really want them to touch each other - do I have to alter the created html page every time it changes (tedious!) or can I find the template where the layout of the links is defined? I find it very difficult to work out how final pages are created from templates - very much trial and error and haven't succeeded in this case (and the template manager makes no sense to me at all!).

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

The first thing you are going to embark on here is "the learning curve"!

Once you can mastered the template manager you will be up and away.

Firstly use the template manager to help you to identify which template you need to change, and then open that template in your chosen html editor. Once you are on familiar territory in your html editor, it will be easy to establish what is causing the gap you are talking about. You then make the change to the template and it is done forever.

Good Luck...

Comment

Here is my suggestion:

1) Go to 'Design Options | Layouts' and change the 'Top Level Section List Layout' field to 'Image Only'. This changes the template that the section list at the side is using.

2) Click the 'Edit' button and change CELLPADDING="10" to CELLPADDING="0". This will remove any padding from this template around the image.

Now we need to edit the table code that goes around the section links to lay them out.

3) Go to 'Design | Text | Website | HTML' and go down to line 9 that reads:

<TABLE width="100%"><TR>

change it to

<TABLE width="100%" cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0><TR>

All these fields in the HTML tab are are documented in the latest Advanced User Guide (link in my signature). I would also recommend downloading and printing out the 'Designing with Actinic Developer' guide as that acts as quite a nice design primer.

Comment

I liked pinbrook's comments so much i thought i'd have a look at his website

i found pinbrook was also on his own "learning curve" as it apears www.pinbrookhosting.co.uk is not there

Comment

I can see it.
          Chris Brown

Comment

I am Pinbrook and I can see my website too!!

Check your connection/ISP

BTW Pinbrooks website is her's ...not his!

Comment

BTW Pinbrooks website is her's ...not his!
              I find that people prefer to think that I am Scandinavian that female - the majority of people that don't know me ask for Yan.

I can't see your websites ATM either - I have checked that I can see others.

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

can you see this one

The issue is not the server, it is there. Some ISP's choose a route which goes dead.

If you can't see the sites would you do a traceroute and email me the result please. I can find the blockage then...

Comment

I can see that one - I can also see your main site now as well.

Cheers,
                  Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                  Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                  A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                  Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                  Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                  Multichannel order processing
                  Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks for that Jan

Comment

I can see them all now aswell, and thats on freeserve, [i always have problems seeing sites with updated dns through freeserve]

Comment

Good!!

Its always reassuring to know that everyone can see the site. And of course it is very beneficial to know when people can't!

Comment

Working...
                        X