Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone help with some Noob questions

Hi,

I have just brought actinic and have all the products in that i want at the moment but i have a few question as to what i do now, i hope that some one can help me.

Can I use my orginal frontpage webaite to link to my on line shop?

If so how?

And how do i upload my site?, what information do i need to get from my web host to do this?

I hope someone can help me!!!!

Can I use my orginal frontpage webaite to link to my on line shop?
    Yes but you might be using brouchure pages and these may overwrite any existing index.html file.

If so how?
    just put a link on your original frontpage to http://www.yourdomain.com/acatalog

And how do i upload my site?, what information do i need to get from my web host to do this?
    Send the attached file to your host or tell us who they are and we might know the settings.
    Attached Files
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Thanks for the quick response

My Server provider is 1and1.co.uk but i only have the home package i think i need to upgrade but not sure which upgrade i need.

Comment

From what I can see, it looks like you should be OK with your current package but email your host and let us know what they say.
        Cheers,

Ollie
        The Classic Network

Comment

I think that the minimum 1&1 package that will run Actinic is the £8.99 per-month Business / Linux.

The home one doesn't allow you to run your own Perl scripts and Actinic needs to do just that.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I think it will - see http://order.1and1.co.uk/xml/order/H...E97D8A68.TC31a which the Home package comes with.
            Cheers,

Ollie
            The Classic Network

Comment

have upgraded

I have upgrade to business pro which should be more than enough for what i need to do,

How do i get my shop up and running,

Sorry for the really stupid basic question.

C

Comment

Ollie missed the fine print on that page *Free CGI Programming available with Linux Business and Professional hosting packages. However I see you've got Business so you'll be OK.

The big question is whether you want to retain your existing Frontpage stuff and only use Actinic for your products, essentially abandoning the "Brochure" pages?

Alternatives are to keep the Brochure pages and rename the home one to be other than index.html or it will clobber your existing stuff.

Tell us what you prefer as that affects how you proceed.
                Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

How cleverly hidden of them!
                  Cheers,

Ollie
                  The Classic Network

Comment

Working...
                  X