Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple pcs - one store?

Dear all,

I have a multiple pc question. I have read through the posts here and I don't think I am repeating myself .......but apologies if this has already been asked in the past.

I have a client who would like to run one store - but with multiple users across more than one PC running the store.

I have read through knowledge base / searches etc and can't seem to find anything about this. Could this be achieved through a network set-up/share?

The client is fine with paying for more then one licence - but would obviously like to keep costs down.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help everyone.

Kind regards,
    Simon
    Simon
    www.mwadesign.com

What kinds of things to the different people want to do with Actinic? Is it all the same of do they each have distinct jobs to do.

(Thinking along the lines of if the jobs are fairly distinct you might be able to use one of my utilities to do it)

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan,

Thanks for replying.

I don't think they have any distinct roles.

They won't change anything in terms of site structure and design - but they will want to jointly add products, manage orders etc.

Can that be done?

If not, any suggestions would be great!!!!

Thanks again, your help is appreciated - Simon
      Simon
      www.mwadesign.com

Comment

Actinic isn't designed to do this ATM - lots of things are cached inside the program so even if you decided to install it on both machines and then somehow point both installations to the same site directory changes made wouldn't be reflected on the other machines and you may even find that changes made on one are lost by actions on another.

How about having the business download the orders and then export the data to sage - I think that it might be multiuser.

If you wanted to be able to do simple things like print reports or mark items as shipped then my utilities could be installed over the network and should work fine from both machines.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Actually I don't know wether Sage is multiuser - I looked at the specifications online and it didn't mention it.

Regards

Comment

Jan - you are a star.

I guess we look to use some kind of linked reports / data sources and get around it that way????

Simon
            Simon
            www.mwadesign.com

Comment

That is an option - the thing to do is to sit down and define exactly what each person needs to do and work on from there.

Regards,

Comment

Working...
              X