Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email Problems

Hi
    something odd seems to be going on with my email, the contact us page returns a "Error returned from SMTP server - 4 Relaying to prohibited by server" message when you hit return and neither the customer nor I are getting confirmation order emails.
    Actinic seems to be working as we're getting order confirmation from SecPay but the emails from Actinic seem to be getting lost/blocked along the way, possibly at the website server (hosted by Webfuson).

Any ideas
    Thanks
    David

It sounds like your SMTP server now requires Authenticated SMTP.

Assuming your on V7, you need to enable Authenticated SMTP in Actinic and enter your email username and password. Run a network test and then do an update,

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Problems with order notification emails

Problem solved thanks.
      However now I'm not receiving any order details in the notification emails is there an easy way to include these?

Thanks
      David

Comment

If you're only getting the "Catalog Order Received" e-mail then you'll need to set an address in View Business Settings / Ordering / Email / Send Receipt Email Coipies to:
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Plus read my post against the identical question in another section. Your client should really get himself a copy of actinic (or order manager) as emails will get lost and he's going to have unhappy customers (and/or be calling you lots of times to ask you to download the order and send him a copy).

Mike

Comment

Hi Mike
            I am having similar problems with e-mails. How do you enable Authenticated SMTP in Actinic?

Cheers
            Ian

Comment

You need to have V7 to do this. If you do then you justs et up the suername and password in the network setup.

If you don't have V7, who is your host? Some hosts have workarounds to authentication.

Mike

Comment

Mike
                I have V7 and realised what to do after I sent you the message. Thanks for replying anyway. To solve my problem I switched the SMTP setting to "localhost" and switched off authentication. Everything seems to work fine now.

Ian

Comment

Have just had a very similar problem to clear up from my installation where Actinic is hosted by LCN (lowcost names). Originally the SMTP server was set up as smtp.lcn.biz with authentification on. Customers were getting email confirmations after using the 'email us' option on the product pages but we got nothing. I changed the server to 'localhost' and unticked authentification and hey presto it now works perfectly. By the way order emails were working fine as far as I know and it was just the 'email us' option that was bugging our installation for months.
                  Site owner and webmaster

Comment

Low Cost Name

Tony, i'm using LCN as well. I am getting orders but customers are NOT getting the confirmation.

Also the 'contact us' form appears but nothing seems to be getting sent to us and then an error message appears after submitting. I've the localhost thing but that still does not work, what other settings are you using?

{my knowledge on actinic is very limited}

Thanks
                    Dee
                    ________
                    Business Plus V9.0.5
                    Windows 7 Home Premium

Comment

Hi there

I have no suggestions for the smtp server name other than asking LCN for some recommendations. You could also ask them to take a look and see if there is an error log which might illuminate what is happening.

You could also ask the email support team for some help by registering a support question at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm as they have experience at setting up mail servers.

Comment

Working...
                      X