Switch / Maestro Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switch / Maestro Problems

I have been using Actinic V3 for 5 years. I process orders offline using a card terminal in our store. In the past 3 days customers using switch cards are receiving an error message "Unknown credit card type"
    Any help would be great folks?
    Catalog V3
    https://secure.linedancing.co.uk/acatalog/
    --------
    Actinic Express
    www.RegalosFootwear.co.uk
    --------
    Actinic Express (Work in progress)
    www.Linedancing-Shop.co.uk
    --------
    All to be replaced with Actininc Business. Shame to see the last V3 go....

OK, I Seem to have fixed this.

Originally posted by nematode
    I have been using Actinic V3 for 5 years. I process orders offline using a card terminal in our store. In the past 3 days customers using switch cards are receiving an error message "Unknown credit card type"
    Any help would be great folks?
    I think it was my fault. I have checked all the settings and uploaded to the site. This seems to have removed the fault.
    Catalog V3
    https://secure.linedancing.co.uk/acatalog/
    --------
    Actinic Express
    www.RegalosFootwear.co.uk
    --------
    Actinic Express (Work in progress)
    www.Linedancing-Shop.co.uk
    --------
    All to be replaced with Actininc Business. Shame to see the last V3 go....

Comment

The following is not a direct answer to your query, but may well help in the long run:

Switch is being rebranded Maestro and will not exist as a card type soon.
      The problem with the Actinic software is that you cannot remove old card types without corrupting your historic orders.

The logical procedure to handle this situation should be to simply rename Switch as Maestro in the card setup, but if you do this, all your historic orders which were paid for under Switch will now report that the card type no longer exits when you try and open them! This is because instead of storing card types with corresponding reference numbers (each card type has its own unique reference - a fundamental of good database design), each order is stored with the text name of the card (eg 'Switch' instead of 'card01'). The advantage of storing a ref number instead of text is that if you need to change the text (eg from Switch to Maestro), the underlying ref still remains valid.
      The only solution is to leave Switch as a card choice (even though it will be an invalid card choice as there will soon no longer be any Switch cards), and add Maestro as a new card choice.

As you are forced to keep the defunct Switch type, it would be nice if Actinic allowed you to at least 'hide' the selection from the customer, but it dosen't.

I have brought this up under a different thread, and it seems there is no solution within the current software.

Martin (who does like the software, but sometimes gets frustrated at some of its limitations

Comment

Working...
      X