Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem after uploading site

Hi,

I have built a new site using v7 but am having some problems after uploading my site. Everything uploads ok and I can view the homepage,contact us,etc but when I click on "products" I get the following message.....

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@hificablesandaccessories.co.uk and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.hificablesandaccessories.co.uk Port 80

I also get this message if I click on "add to cart".
    I can access the catalogue if I type in the full url www.hificablesandaccessories.co.uk/acatalog/

I have spent hours searching through these posts trying to figure it out myself but I have to admit defeat.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Alison

The error message is telling you that your cgi scripts aren't running.

What happens if you run the network wizard? That should pick up on any problems. As a quick thing to check, you could make sure you have your permissions set correctly.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

thanks for the reply, how do I set the permissions? When I use wizard, it seems to get stuck for ages at perl installation/trying perl guesses

Ali

Comment

You need to use a separate FTP program (I use AceFTP but there are plenty of them out there including free versions that can be downloaded).

Once you have the ftp program you just need to connect into your site via ftp and you should see the directories there and can check the permisions (it varies by software but often a right-click > properties will show the permissions for that directory.

Here's what Nadeem has said about this in another post:

You need to also set the permissions to the /cgi-bin/ folder and /acatalog/. In CuteFTP you right click on one of these folder and select "CHMOD".
        The permission for /cgi-bin/ should be 755 and the /acatalog/ should be 777.
        Please note, these are UNIX Permission, if you are running an Windows server, then the permission should be:

Read
        Read and Execute
        Modify
        Write

For both the folders.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

You can also FTP using WindowsXP (simply search on FTP in Windows help).
          I only mention this because I rarely see this mentioned yet it easy to use if you are already familar with using Windows Explorer.
          Martin

Comment

still having problems

Hi,

I have changed the permissions, did the test and it passed ok. I then uploaded the site again, but now I keep getting a box appearing saying there was a merge error but with no further info. I have searched the forums and tried things like refresh, deleting .cat .pil files etc but nothing seems to work.
            One thing that I noticed on the server settings was that wizard says that path from cgi-bin to acatalog is ../acatalog/ but uk2.net say it is
            /home/h/i/hificablesandaccessories_co_uk/cgi-bin but when I change it to this wizard says it is incorrect.
            uk2 also list the same setting for the path from the directory in which the cgi-bin executes to my website directory.
            when I log onto ftp.hificablesandaccessories.co.uk I do not see anything like
            /home/h/i/hificablesandaccessories_co_uk/cgi-bin
            what i see is / then a folder called acatalog one called cgi-bin one called psswrd and an index.html file
            I am sorry for waffling on a bit but I am close to losing my sanity with this.

Ali

Comment

Have you done a search in these forums for UK2. I seem to remember other posts about UK2, some people have got Actinic to work, others haven't.

Comment

site ok now

Hi,

I emailed uk2.net with the problems that i was having. I supplied details of settings etc.
                I received a reply saying that when they checked the site it was working.
                When I went back in it was working. Not sure if they changed anything at their end but everything is ok now.

thanks for the replys

Ali

Comment

Working...
                X