asp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

asp

I've had a number of searches for the answer to this, but haven't found anything conclusive.

Does V7 now suppot ASP on the product pages?

Thanks,
    Darren

Hi Darren,

For each section name, rather than having an html name, you can have an asp name.
    Eg "Basic_Product.html" can now be "Basic_Product.asp".

Hope this answers you question.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

What would be the easiest way to do this, is there an option within Actinic to choose which file extension to use? Could this also work with PHP or aspx?

Comment

Hi John,

This has to be done on a per section level, there is no option in Actinic what file extension you can use. The default is always set to .html and is left to the client to change it to what they want it to be. An easier way might be to import the section via a flat file import. PHP is supported, but .aspx is not.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks Nadeem

Comment

Encountering ASP problems

Hi again,

I'm in the process of moving to asp for all pages, beginning with the end product pages. I have encountered a problem though.

I'm trying to get this:
            http://www.zgwatches.co.uk/acatalog/Act_BuyerEmail.asp (this works perfectly, changing with each refresh)
            to appear beneath the product image (see http://www.zgwatches.co.uk/acatalog/...tch_DZ1028.asp)

However, when I test this, I get an Internal Server Error 500. I know this must be an issue with the code, as the first page is working on the same server. Could this be something to do with the forms? Has anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks,
            Darren

Comment

Hi Darren,

I'm sorry but can you explain more about what you are doing.
              Is http://www.zgwatches.co.uk/acatalog/Act_BuyerEmail.asp a dynamic page? If so, then yes it might be something to do with the form, if the above uses a form.
              I'm afraid i only have little knowledge of asp.

Kind Regards
              Nadeem Rasool
              SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem,

Thanks for the response. Yes, the page was dynamic but I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was using a CUSTOMVAR to name the dynamic code, but had saved the file the CUSTOMERVAR pointed to as a .htm file and it only works if you save it as a .asp file. I tested this with .js as well and the same applies. Just thought I'd post in case anyone else experiences this problem.

Any chance of clearing up the confusion in your advanced guide? The instructions regarding saving content files are currently quite generic.

Thanks again,
                Darren

Comment

Working...
                X