Oh No NOT FASTHOSTS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh No NOT FASTHOSTS!!!

I am using Fasthosts and more specifically SSL. I have read the previous postings on the subject and was greatly encouraged to hear that Actinic say this will not work!!
    Fasthosts themselves have produced a Knowledgebase article for setting up Actinic on their SSL servers.
    Having followed the Fasthosts instructions I continually got directory read and write errors. I spoke to Fasthosts who talked me through Linux settings and I have managed to get the site uploaded. www.puremagick.co.uk

Everything works until the time to checkout and transfer to the secure server - when I get a general script error.

Error: Error opening configuration file ../acatalog/A000.cat. No such file or directory

Initially I understood that the entire site had to be uploaded to the secure server but this would not work at all. I have uploaded the site to the linux server and from ftp'ing the secure site it looks like all the scripts have made their way to the secure server's cgi-bin

Can anyone please offer any help or suggestions.

I thought that Fasthosts and Actinic had managed to get their act together between them. Am I wrong??

Thanks

Brian

No answer to your question, but looked at your site anyway. Like the background graphic and the clean site. Have someone in mind for your T-shirt - have sent her the link!

Good luck with Fasthosts,
    Anf
    Anf
    New Year - new YOU!
    (remove that cellulite before the summer comes - www.treatmentgels.co.uk)

Comment

A 'Network File Path' (NFS) must exist between the two servers in order for ssl to work.
      ie your cgi-bin non ssl but see the ssl cgi bin files

if not it does not work
      Fasthosts you can not do this without help from them no luck there then???
      try 1and1.co.uk and buy http://order.1and1.co.uk/xml/order/H...op&__lf=Static
      ok

Comment

Thanks for the info on the NFS. I'll check it out with fasthosts. I use fasthosts for most of my hosting and would prefer to keep it all together, partly because of the cost element.

Thanks once again.

Brian

Comment

just looked at the site again - surely you don't want people to email www.info@puremagick ?

Anf
          Anf
          New Year - new YOU!
          (remove that cellulite before the summer comes - www.treatmentgels.co.uk)

Comment

use 1and1.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X