Yahoo small business hosting ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yahoo small business hosting ?

I'm very new at this, trying to look for a good US hosting company right now for my Actinic store.
    Just looked at Yahoo Small Business hosting (I prefer a large provider ) but here's what they say about this in their FAQ section:

"Where is my cgi-bin directory?
    Yahoo! Web Hosting does not require a cgi-bin directory to run Perl scripts. You may place Perl scripts anywhere in your site directory structure. Please make sure each script has the file extension ".pl" or if you are calling a Perl module you can use the ".pm" file extension. If your Perl script has the extension ".cgi," please rename the extension to ".pl."

Would this make matters difficult in using them as a host ?!

You would be better with an Actinic partner.

See this member profile for details http://community.actinic.com/member.php?u=33
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

use 1and1.co.uk
      please tell me how you get on
      thanks

[Moderator edit] - Removed commercial content from message

Comment

Originally posted by j2001m
        actinic partners dont give you much for your £££/$$$
        This statement should be withdrawn.....unless you can back it up with anything more than your personal opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
          This statement should be withdrawn.....unless you can back it up with anything more than your personal opinion.
          With other similar postings in the developers section also and looking at the posted link is that an affiliate tracking cookie that is being posted to the 1and 1site?

If so does that contravene the forum terms? It is OK for people to supply details to be contacted and discussed off forum but not at the expense of slating other hosting packages in favour of your own - that is not acceptable.

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

With other similar postings in the developers section also and looking at the posted link is that an affiliate tracking cookie that is being posted to the 1and 1site?
            I had my suspicions too

I've reported this thread to the Mods (and this one http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=13960)

Comment

I am not sure the hosting company involved will welcome his abusive/aggressive postings either.

I have sent them a link to this thread.
              Bill
              www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
              Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
              BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
              Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
              VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
              Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

16 out of his last 17 posts are just to promote 1and1 hosting!

Bikster
                SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I would ask the mods to leave this thread here so the host can check it out. Then perhaps after a couple of days it can be deleted or go to the FAQ as an example of undesired behaviour.
                  Bill

Comment

I use 1and1 and can tell you that it is very easy to set up an affiliate link 1and 1 encourage it quite a lot - this definitely looks like one - what a cheek disparaging one group of hosting options and then not mentioning you are promoting your own. If you can't add anything useful to our forum go away - you are not wanted.
                    Susan.

www.CardsAtYourFingertips.co.uk
                    Innovative and Original greetings cards for all occasions

Comment

1 and 1's response

[quote]Thank you for contacting us.

We taking spammin very seriously and will be taking action to remedy this with our customer.

If you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards[endquote]
                      Bill

Comment

Just to say I have contacted this customer directly and asked them to desist from the kind of posting he has been doing.

Comment

Chris,

Nearly all of j2001m's other posts are solely to do with recommeding 1&1 and they seem to contain a link that includes a referrer ID. It may be worth removing these links (or at least the referrer portion) too.
                          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

the original post request for US hosting

I know we have several customers who use Yahoo! hosting without major problems. There are several larger hosts in the US that provide excellent service and work well with Actinic Software. "Size is not everything' there are many factors to ecommerce and running an online store that go well beyond intial configuration of the web hosting. If your looking for additional assistance, third party tools implementation design or internet marketing assistance you may consider working directly with Sure Solutions. We provide hosting as a service for our cleints that use our other products and services. We also offer several advanced reporting and hosting tools specific to Actinic Software.

IF your just look for hosting consider working with Outdoor network in Chicago or webyourbusiness in Colorado. Both are very very good companies who provide quality hosting services in the US and work with Actinic Software. feel free to contact me directly if you require more information or additional recomendation.

Brian Johnson
                            Brian Johnson
                            :::Sure Solutions Inc:::Professional Actinic templates from Buythisdesign.com:::
                            1-732-528-7635 x203

Comment

Working...
                            X