Is it possible to set up 2 sites with the same product database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to set up 2 sites with the same product database

I have been asked to create a retail and trade websites. (customer insists on seperate sites) I want to use a single database with the products on to avoid stock problems, is it possible to enter the products at trade price and then add a retail tax on the retails site?

Probably your best bet is to use an external product database (excel or access). You can then link each of the websites to the database and use a formula to calculate the relevant pricing externally.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I haven't used Actinic before would the formula need to be scripted or is there options for wholesale price changes across the site?

Comment

You would apply the formula to your spreadsheet or database. Actinic would import the prices from there.

Mike

PS. When you say 'a retail tax' are you talking about a mark up or just VAT?

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

The retail tax was an way of making the prices on the retail site higher than the trade site, the prices in the database would be entered at the trade price. Do you know anywhere where I can read up on databases and formulas?

Comment

Working...
          X