Ooops I've broke something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooops I've broke something!

Oh dear, it's going to be one of those weeks!

I've just re-installed Actinic and at first glance everything seemed to work O.K. However, when placing an order there seems to be a problem.

After displaying customer invoice and clicking "Done" the next screen shows "Index of/Acatalog"

Here is the url which is just a test site at the moment.

http://www.magicalwonders.com/acatalog/Exclusives.html

I've tried deleting acatalog from the site and uploading again, but the result is the same. I can download orders O.K. and the emails are been sent advising order awaiting download.

Anyone know what's gone wrong?

Myles
    www.magicalwonders.com

As soon as your site loaded Norton picked up an attempted attack from your site and blocked me! So something needs looking at there also.

As for the return page check what you have specified in Design | Options | Misc | Url for completed and aborted checkout youcan set any page you like eg: http://magicalwonders.com/index.html or similar

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Spot on Jonty, The url for completed and aborted checkout was blank!

Thanks for the info about Norton. Not sure how a virus has got onto the site, but I'll investigate straight away. It didn't come from me, but I have a friend who has access to the webspace, so needs looking at.

Thanks again.

Myles
      www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

May not be a virus but some incorrect setting that is causing the error:

I get the following warning :

"A computer with the IP address..... sent information that is characteristic of the HTTP Netscape Cookie Monster attack"

I was viewing the site using FireFox 1.0.4

Bikster

Comment

Thanks for the info.

I've asked my webhost to check this out.

I'm using an up-to-date version of AVG anti-virus software which hasn't detected anything, so it may be as you say an incorrect setting of some kind.

Not too sure how I sort that, if that is the problem!

Many thanks,

Myles
          www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

I have received the following response from my webhost regarding problem on webspace.

Well, I just spent a little while on your site and didn't get any errors or
            warnings; I used several browsers, including Firefox, to make sure it wasn't
            browser specific. There is not a way to scan your directories really; and all
            our machines are linux systems, so having a virus on there is very doubtful.
            It's possible one of your site file got infected with something and that was
            uploaded to the server from your computer; but it shouldn't be able to execute
            correctly on the linux machine. Most likely there's something in one of your
            pages that isn't configured correctly and it's causing browser problems. If
            something in your site was hacked you would see evidence of this in the file
            manager; most hackers end up leaving random files laying around and severely
            tamper with your site content.
            It looks like the only way I can check for a virus is to download the entire contents of my webspace and check the files locally on my PC. I'll do that to make sure, but it's looking more like something else is causing the issue.

Myles
            www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

If it helps Myles I only get the Norton error when I try and add to cart

Bikster

Comment

Hmm.

this is a strange one as the cookie monster attack is to do with exploiting early browsers failure to recognize that .co.uk is not a domain name whereas something.com is. (and therefor a cookie set at the .co.uk level is visible to all .co.uk domains)

Looking at the website, I can't see anything that should trigger this, but I could see that your mailto script is set up to 'sales@domain.co.uk' (who forgot to change the variables then ). This may look like the javascript that exploits the vulnerability so fixing this might cure the problem.

Mike
                -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks Mike,

I've sorted the mailto script and updated the site. (I did indeed forget!)

Jonty, if you get a spare moment, could you take another look to see if this has fixed the problem at your end please?

Many thanks

Myles
                  www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Myles - I can add all 4 products to the cart using IE but still get the Norton error when using FireFox - which version of Actinic are you using? I know there used to be issues with Norton an v6

If I disable Norton I can add to cart in Firefox.

Bikster

Comment

I'm using Catalog V7.01.

What version of Norton are you using Jonty? Is it Norton Internet Security, Norton AV or System Works? This may be one for Actinic support to take a look at.

I'm sure there are thousands of people using the same AV and browser as yourself, so I need to get this sorted.

Many thanks,

Myles
                      www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Norton Internet Suite 2005

FireFox 1.0.4 and Netscape 8.0.1

Bikster

Comment

Thanks Jonty.

Myles
                          www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Hi Myles

Are you still getting this problem, because all i can see on the site is just the default store? The link is not working

Kind Regards
                            Nadeem Rasool
                            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hello Nadeem,

I've decided to go back to the drawing board and start from scratch.

Check out this thread.

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=14742

I've notified support.

Many thanks,

Myles
                              www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Working...
                              X