Mulitiple sites, multiple SSL's??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mulitiple sites, multiple SSL's??

I have just bought the upgrade from Business V7 to Developer to enable to create a couple more websites.

I process orders offline with a PDQ machine, do i need one SSL for every website?? I bought our exsisting one from Actinic and at a ton a shot it was quite deer. {The upgrade already set me back a few bob so I hope otherwise.}

If so, so does anyone know where I can keep buying them cheaply as I develop a few more sites? something like a multi licence SSL?
    ________
    Business Plus V9.0.5
    Windows 7 Home Premium

An SSL cert is issued for a specific domain name, thus each domain needs its own SSL cert. You can buy SSL certs from instantSSL quite cheaply.

You can also buy a Wildcard SSL cert if you put all your sites into subdomains, but you would need a lot of sites before this was cost efficient.

Otherwise you will have to look at the shared SSL route

Comment

thanks, i'll give them a bell as as i'm not really too sure the difference between a SSL and a SSL certificate. If the certificate is just a display thing, i'm not too interested in it, i just want a padlock to show everytime they enter their card details. I'm concerned that I may have to fork out ?100 for each website to achieve this.
      ________
      Business Plus V9.0.5
      Windows 7 Home Premium

Comment

Thawte are currently doing a special offer via google - SSL123 certs for just US$99. You need to apply via this link

http://www.thawte.com/ssl123/google.html

HTH

Phil

Comment

Hello Dee,

You could check these folks out as well. Their prices seem to be very competitive.

http://www.completessl.com/

Myles
          www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

thanks for replies.

they seem to be American, does this make a difference for me? i'm based in the UK
            ________
            XR125L
            Business Plus V9.0.5
            Windows 7 Home Premium

Comment

Nope, shouldn't matter where they're based.

Might as well get the best deal you can.

Myles
              www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

If you wish to continue with the Actinic Shared SSL solution, then we offer it with http://www.4surehosting.co.uk/hostin...ared_ssl.shtml.

Can not mention rates, but displayed on site

Comment

One thing should mention about your own SSL certificate assigned to your domain name, you have to have each domain assigned with its own IP address, i.e. you can not assign an SSL certificate to a domain which is functional under the Name Based method of hosting, which is the general norm, i.e. more than 1 domain assign to a single IP address.

Just thought should mention that before you start buying a ton of SSL certs, just incase your host does not provide you with an IP per domain you host with them...

Comment

Working...
                  X