removing order numbers from receipts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing order numbers from receipts

I am trying to remove the order number that is currently being displayed on my receipts that are displayed to the customers after they have placed an order. This order number is not being used in any way within the company so is completely unnecessary and it is starting to cause some confusion between customers and sales staff, how can i remove this?

You can remove the inline body reference to the order number easily enough by editing Act_CustomerEmail.txt in the root of the Actinic site folder - remove the line "Order Number: <Actinic:ORDER_NUMBER/>"

As for removing the subject line in the email and the other references to it that would need some very careful editing of the orderscript.pl file (plus probably others) - probably not something to be done lightheartedly as there are likely to be other implications involved. If you attempt this make a copy of the files before making the changes and test on a quiet time when you don't usually receive any orders a chances are something will break.

Issuing a unique order reference is more a part of customer confidence so they feel they can quote the number and you can track it - I would not be too happy having no order reference when I buy online. We now inlude the actinic order number into our invoicing system. Remember reading soemwhere about the legalities of having to issues a unique order number although can't for the life of me recall what it was about.

There is a workaround for including the customers own order number in the advanced users guide - although this may cause more problems for you than it solves

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
    X