X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to you all for all your help.
    It seems to have been a mixture of settings of a few things including:

settings had been changed on my server,
    my computer having to go through a proxy on the network here.
    File permissions set incorrect.

I still seem to not be able to test the ftp settings in the network settings box without coming up with an error, but it still works fine.

Thanks again
    Mark

Comment

Hi Mark

What server are you running? If it is a linux server, see if you have the ability to CHMOD to change permission. Actinic when uploading, should put a collection of files on the server then change the permission of these files. The order file will have a permission of 200 this is normal.

Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

Yes I am running a linux server.
        The problem I have at the moment appears that all the cgi scripts are pointing to a location of cgi-bin but i only have a cgi directory called CGI.
        All my settings in advance> network setup do say CGI, so i'm lost!

Comment

Hi Mark

You really need someone to take a look into this and they would need your ftp details. I would suggest in logging a support request on http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

i am having the same problem,

i contacted actinic who told me to email my settings and then told me to contact active24 (vi.net) , who replied, now i'm waiting for actinic to reply.

total cost : 4 days

don't mean to have a dig, but why do Actinic recommend a hosting company which is difficult to host Actinic on. There are 1000's of hosting companies, i only used this one cause i thought it would be easier....
            Business Plus V9.0.5
            Windows 7 Home Premium

Comment

Hi there

Sorry that you having this trouble, I not heard of Virtual Internet being diffecult to host on, otherwise we would not have put them on the hosting company page. Anyway please could you tell me what are you waiting for Actinic to reply on? Please could you provide us with some information.

Kind Regards
              Nadeem Rasool
              SellerDeck Development

Comment

I eventually got all of my settings working, it was a combination of getting the server settings and permsissions correct and the actinic settings correct.

It all seems to work well now.

Comment

Working...
                X