Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upload problems

Hi,

We have just moved to a new server and I am now unable to upload our shop. The error I get when testing the network settings is:
    "Unable to move to the acatalog directory "../" on the FTP server possibly due to a mistake in the Path from CGI-BIN to acatalog Directory field.
    The parameter is incorrect."

Yet the directorys and paths are there and correct when I look via ftp.

When going through the "configure the website details" and "confirming each setting" it accepts everything until I get to where it asks:
    "The wizard needs to know the address of URL of your cgi-bin directory."

It gives the suggested address which is correct and is there on the server. But when I click next the error message:
    "The wizard received an error while verifying the cgi server. Error sending request. Check the cgi-bin URL."

I've checked with the web server guys and they say there are no problems with the server and everything looks fine from there end.

I have Norton Antivirus on my system and have checked it's settings and everything looks fine.

Can anyone suggest why this is happening and how I can resolve it as it's driving me mad!

Many thanks...Paul

Have you eliminated Norton as being the problem by testing with it turned off

Comment

Hi,

Yes. I have knocked Norton on the head to try uploading the site. No joy.

I have even got another account that I know has worked in the past and again nothing. Everytime I get the same error:

"The path From CGI-BIN to the acatalog directory is incorrect"

And as far as I can see it is not. There is only one directory on the server and that is the cgi-bin so the path would simply be: "../acatalog/"

I've run out of reasons why it won't work. Any thoughts/help would be very useful.

Cheers...

Paul

Comment

Paul

Don't know if this helps but on mine (I've got a public_html directory) there are 2 settings one for

Path from CGI bin to acatolog directory, which is ../public_html/acatalog/

and also

Path from CGI bin to acatolog directory as viewed by the FTP server, which is /public_html/acatalog/ (notice the missing ..) It also says leave blank unless advised. I'm using V7 and it's filled it in for me.

Have you tried omitting the .. ?? worth a try I suppose.

Good luck
        "There is do and there is not do, there is no try" Yoda

Comment

Working...
        X