Moving webhosts / catalog v3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving webhosts / catalog v3

I have a client that has a site set upwith Actinic V3. The person that set everything up is unable to visit as he is overseas I have been called in to take over. Add to this the client is buying and moving the business to his home so I need to set the catalog up on his PC and move the site to his new hosting.

The information I have is:

They have linux hosting, V3 of the catalog software, he's altered the templates and they use world pay to take payments. Part of his service was hosting the site.

I have a linux reseller acount, I've made them a new account, I need to know how to get the site accross and running. I have installed the catlog software on the clients PC, moved the site 1 folder to his PC and he can update the current site on his old hosting account.

If I point the catalog software t my new account what do I need to alter other than the new host url, username and password?
    I have to make sure that it will carry on working with their current world pay account.

They have linux hosting, V3 of the catalog software, he's altered the templates and they use world pay to take payments. Part of his service was hosting the site.

I have a linux reseller acount, I've made them a new account, I need to know how to get the site accross and running. I have installed the catlog software on the clients PC, moved the site 1 folder to his PC and he can update the current site on his old hosting account.
    Thats half the battle over, and the most difficult bit.

If I point the catalog software to my new account what do I need to alter other than the new host url, username and password?
    you will need to create a cgi-bin on the new server and give it 755 permissions. If you pre fill the network settings with the obvious settings

ie url,
    acatalog url - yourdomain.ext/acatalog
    cgi-bin url , yourdomain.ext/cgi-bin
    path to perl usr/bin/perl ?

Then run the network test to configure the rest of the settings.

I have to make sure that it will carry on working with their current world pay account.
    Worldpay works with domain name so that should be ok to, but within actinic you have to give it a secret key. You may have to contact WP for the secret key

Comment

Working...
    X