Actinic V.7 Upload / Web Settings Problem on DemonWeb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic V.7 Upload / Web Settings Problem on DemonWeb

Hi, I'm hoping you can help me - we are designing a site for a client ( http://crowlane.demonweb.co.uk ) and are having problems setting up the FTP settings within Actinic. I have previously set up the program to work on 1and1.co.uk webspace, and it worked brilliantly, but the client wanted to switch to Demon and all of a sudden Actinic doesn't want to set up it's web settings again!

I am using the wizard to put in the new FTP details and it connects to the webspace fine ( I can see the structure in CuteFTP of the webspace in the background on Windows XP as well ) ---but instead of connecting directly to the root directory like the first installation, the files must go into a folder called 'docroot' which I think may be causing the problems. Here is the file structure :

- /
    +docroot
    +errpages
    +logs
    +secure
    +stats
    +stats_secure

I have contacted Demon and they have said that the whole of the 'docroot' folder will be okay to run CGI and Perl files on, I said I've been having problems and they said to maybe create a 'cgi-bin' folder in 'docroot' and try setting the CHMOD within CuteFTP to 755 which I have done and am pointing the wizard to this folder.

The trouble is the wizard keeps on freezing whenever it gets to the next stage of checking the webspace. It freezes on the status message saying 'Checking HTTP Connection to remote server' so that I have to shut Actinic down via Ctrl-Alt-Del.

Please can anyone help me understand what is going wrong with this new webspace at all? The whole site is finished, designed and ready to upload and the client is breathing down my neck to get it online by tomorrow ( Fri 25th Aug '05) ???

See http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=7987 third post down.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thank you so, so much - this info has allowed me to connect!

I did do a search around the site for this info beforehand but could not find it, but thanks again for pointing me in the right direction...site being uploaded as I post, now to get on the case of these pesky emails!

Comment

Working...
      X