Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Configuring Sage link with product sections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Configuring Sage link with product sections?

Hi - due to lack of budget I'm trying to get my website up and running by myself as best I can (due to go live as early as poss. in September - but looking bleak!!) I've invested in Sage Line 50 and have got the link facility to Actininc Business - so far, I've managed to input a large quantity of products into Sage with a category on the main product page and in some cases the three additional section options on their web page. Initially I thought that when I imported this everything would work fine and the products would just come accross already in their sections and sub-sections. Instead, I've ended up with error messages like the one below:

Line 67: An invalid Section could not be imported. All child items will be skipped as well.
    Line 67: This type of quantity placement is not allowed when "request location information early" setting is on.

It's not transferred accross any of the products, sections, sub-sections etc. and it's lost everything that I'd put in the sections previously. I've replaced it with the back-up that I'd created before running the link but please, could somebody tell my what I'm doing wrong??? Thank you.

It sounds like you have 'request location early' turned on. Do you need it? most sites work without it where the shipping charge is calculated at the end when the customer checks out.

The problem with request location early is that (from another thread):

You could try using the "Request Location Information Early" function. If this options is enabled the customer will be prompted to select their shipping zone after adding their first product to the basket. This means Actinic can then calculate the shipping before the checkout stages.

The problem with this is you need to have your shopping mode set to "Quantity on Confirmation Page" and shipping set to Advanced mode.
    If you don't need it, try turning this off and seeing if that fixes it.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks for replying and sorry my next is probably a stupid question (but this is all quite new to me). I may have Request Location Early switched on but if I have it's by accident - where is it? what is it? and please, how do I switch it back off again? Thanks

Comment

Not such a silly question, I had to look around before I could find it myself.

On my V6 version its on 'Business Settings > Ordering' in the miscelaneous area with the text 'Request Location Information Early'. At least I think that's it.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thank you - yes, great - I've got the products back. You've saved me!!

I've got another question that you may be able to help me with though if that's o.k. Still to do with product sections and categories in Sage / Actinic Link. Is there any way from within the Actinic Link - Products/Section - section transfer modes to select two options - i.e., to have sections created from both the sage stock category and web category fields so that the web category fields are all sub-directories of the main stock cateogry?

Thanks again.

Comment

Hi there

I'm afraid this is not possible to do with Actinic Link at the moment, you can either do one way or the other, but not both.

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thank you - it might be a very slow process for me - but with lots of help, I feel like I'm finally getting somewhere.

Comment

Working...
              X