Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic crashes during upload

Hello
    I am trying to upload Actinic for the first time using the Wizard. The HTTP and the SSL are on separate servers. Everything works fine up to the Perl installation, when Actinic just closes - no error message at all. I have passive FTP set. Any suggestions or advice very welcome.
    Thanks
    Margaret

Hi Margaret,

Are you trying to get the settings to work in the Network Setup window by using the wizard to help configure your settings? If you open the software, go to Advanced | Network Setup and check what path you have to the perl installation, check with the settings sent to you by your hosting company. If you have the settings entered in the Network Setup window then, I would suggest you hit the test button to see if the test passes or not, you will also get error messages that will help you locate the problem.

Since you have the Secure and non-secure areas on different servers can you chec with your hosting company if they can provide you a symbolic link between the secure and non secure cgi-bin's. Once you have this, enter the information in the " Path from CGI-BIN to acatalog Directory as viewed by the FTP server (Leave blank unless advised)" area. Once done click on 'Apply' and then do a test.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hello Bruce

Thanks for your reply. I've now resolved this - I had been given totally wrong information by my ISP, and was trying to do the impossible! I was told to use SSL on fastweb, which doesn't support Actinic. I've now switched to Shared SSL, and I've suceeded in uploading the site.

Margaret

Comment

Working...
      X