Contemplating Actinic 7 Bus with 1and Hosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contemplating Actinic 7 Bus with 1and Hosting

I have a Developer eShop as well as an MS Hosting package with 1and1. I find that the eShop is not adequate enough for my needs and I'm contemplating purchasing Actinic 7 Business or Developer.

I'm quite happy with 1and1 hosting (except perhaps the control panel), can anyone please recommend the best package that 1and1 offers that is fully compatible with Actinic 7. Or perhaps suggest another good host and package that is fully compatible.

I will want to use shared SSL and Paypal. I also want to be able to run multiple shops.

Much appreciated.

Duncan Rounding

I would recommend you look at the Business and Business Pro Linux hosting packages. Norman Rouxel has multiple sites hosted on 1 & 1 - hopefully he will pop in and share his experiences.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Yes. I use 1&1 Business / Linux for numerous test sites without any problems. I don't use SSL on any of these so I can't comment on that.

Network settings are pretty standard - except be careful to use auth.smtp.oneandone.co.uk as the SMTP server (without a username and password). Using auth.smtp.1and1.co.uk seems to be problematic.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi - I have a managed unix server with 1and1 which I use to host a few sites and also for testing. I use the SSL with this and it is fine. In my testing I also connect to various payment service providers without any problems.

David
        Regards
        David

Comment

Thanks for the feedback everyone.
          I think I'll being going for the Actinic Dev + Linux Bus Pro with 1and1.

Appreciated.

Duncan

Comment

Working...
          X