'An error occurred while sending an HTTP request to the server config issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'An error occurred while sending an HTTP request to the server config issue

Hi - I am trying to set-up a new site on a clients existing dedicated server. The ISP is dedicated-servers.co.uk which is part of the Pipex group of companies.

Whilst running the wizard I get the error 'An error occurred while sending an HTTP request to the server. perhaps the network is down or the web server is down'

The network and webserver are both fine. I do not run Nortons. I have tried setting up the acatalog and cgi-bin directories and CHMOD the permissions without any success

I have read all of the threads on this forum relating to this but none seem to provide the answer. The ISP provides some info on configuring Actinic but this seems to be for a shared hosting solution. I have logged a ticket with the ISP and am awaiting an answer.

Can anybody point me in the right direction for solving this.

regards
    David
    Regards
    David

Typical response from the ISP:

Actinic is classed as thrid party and unfortunately not some we would support or have knowledge of. I would advise consulting the software vendor themselves.
    Regards
    David

Comment

David - is the server Windows or Linux? Have you checked that your firewall allows Actinic traffic?
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Bill - the server is Linux. My firewall is Zonealarm and Actinic works fine on the other 5 client sites that I have.

David
        Regards
        David

Comment

One user who had this problem reported success by specifying 'localhost' as the mail server. Everyone else had to refer to Actinic Support at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Bill - just tried that but I still get the same error.

David
            Regards
            David

Comment

Hi David,

I would suggest you register a support query at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm so that a support person can take a look at the settings and tell you what is happening.

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
              X