error on upload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

error on upload

Im getting this message when doing a 'test' on the Advance Network Setup screen.
    Can anybody help?

Unable to move to the cgi-bin directory "/home/admin/mainwebsite_cgi/" on the FTP server.
    The specified directory does not exist or you do not have access to the directory.

I am trying to change the basic url of my site and want to have the new one up and running before i remove the old one.
    The website runs on an Ensim server under Linux.

I would test your network settings as if they were the live ones.

Then switch the site into production mode. This will allow you to upload to non live space whilst you do your final checks

Production mode is on the web menu

Comment

test

Hi Jo

Im not sure what you mean.

'I would test your network settings as if they were the live ones.'
      I thought that is what i was doing. - entering the new url details into the Advanced Network setup screen and then selecting [test].

'Then switch the site into production mode. This will allow you to upload to non live space whilst you do your final checks'

Could you explain, please, how a site uploaded in test mode differs from a site uploaded with test mode not selected. I have just realised that i have always been uploading with the test mode not selected (is that what you mean by 'production mode')

Please excuse misunderstanding; i am still new to Actinic.

Thanks and regards
      John

Comment

Hi,

Uploading the site normally, without Test selected is 'Production mode'. When you upload the site in test mode, Actinic creates a 'Test' folder within your existing 'acatalog' folder on the server and then creates an 'acatalog' within the 'test' folder to enable you to upload and test a site without disrupting the existing site. It however uses the same cgi-bin.

Do you still face the same problem, can you check the permissions on the cgi-bin on the server, they should be '755'.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

the advanced network settings box reverts to original

Hi Bruce,
          Thanks for reply.
          I had an error in the path name of my cgi-bin. With that corrected, the 'test' is succesful.
          However after uploading, the new site is still not available (typing in the url brings up the 'place holder' page). Going back to advanced network settings, i noticed that all the settings had reverted to their original values.
          Could you advise?.
          regards
          John Cowsill

Comment

Hi,

Can you try resetting the path to the cgi-bin to the one which tested all right. Once done click on the 'Apply' button, then on 'Export', use the wizard to export a Network Settings file which you can save and use as a backup. The settings would have reverted to the eralier ones if you had not applied the change.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X