Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reinstalling v4, v6 and v7 with Site1 folders... advice please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reinstalling v4, v6 and v7 with Site1 folders... advice please!

OK, so I've got 8 actinic site folders in total. 4 v4, 3 v6 and a v7.

I've installed v4 and v7 and patched them appropriately, don't apparently have a Business v6 installer anymore (I have the 613 and 615 patch installers, but that's all), so my first question is: Is there anywhere I can download the Business v6 installer? I couldn't find it in the Downloads section. If not I'll just get the box from the office but the office is in Manchester and I'm in York so, y'know, if there's somewhere I can download it from that would be easier.

My other question relates to authorisation keys: I have all these site 1 folders, but no details of authorisations keys unfortunately (I didn't get the opportunity to note them down before my computer died). Can I find these somewhere in the Site 1 folders (I can't seem to find them in the databases), or will I have to contact our clients to get the details from their installations?

Any advice much appreciated.

Authorisation and Security Keys are in the Windows Registry. If you've no way of recovering that registry data you may need to contact Actinic sales (or whoever you purchased from).

The best route may well be to ask the clients to Copy / Paste everything in Actinic's Housekeeping / Security into a textfile and send you that.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Ah right, yeah the registry hives are long gone. To be honest it's pretty rare that I work on some of these sites anyway, so I can probably just pick up the authorisation keys from the clients as and when they ask me to poke around in there.

Thanks Norman.

Comment

Working...
      X