Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploading error

Hi all

During the "check and send files" procedure while uploading, when it reaches the "Merging incremental updates at the web site.." step, the following warning appears : "Actinic received a network error while merging files on the server. Try again later and contact your network administrator if the problem persists. A connection with the server could not be established". I contacted the server provider and double checked the settings, which seem correct. If I try the test from the Advanced Network Setup, I get " A connection with the server could not be established " and when I press OK I get another one " The test script failed to execute on the web server. The error could be caused by several things. Check the path to the Perl shell, the CGI script extension, the path to CGI-BIN, and the CGI-BIN URL. This error could also occur if your web site is out of disk space or your web server is not configured to accept POSTs to CGI scripts."

Any help on this issue. I have tried everything for the past 5 days

Thanks

Can you post your network settings so we can take a look ?

The easiest way to do this is to save them to a text file, then copy and paste them into a post here. Remember to cover up your username and password.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Mike

Is this what you need to check?

HTTPPROXYMODE 0
      HTTPPROXYADDRESS
      HTTPPROXYPORT 80
      HTTPPROXYUSER
      HTTPPROXYPASSWORD
      FTPPROXYMODE 0
      FTPPROXYADDRESS
      FTPPROXYPORT 21
      FTPPROXYUSER
      FTPPROXYPASSWORD
      SCRIPTID 1
      SCRIPTEXT .pl
      SMTPHOST relay.clara.net
      WEBSITEURL http://www.e-plethora.com/
      IGNOREPASSIVEERRORS true
      USERELATIVECGIURLS false
      PATHTOPERL /bin/perl
      USEENHANCEFTP true
      FTPCLIENTTIMEOUT 15000
      FTPRETRYDELAY 3000
      FTPSILENT false
      FTPMAXRETRIES 20
      FTPCONNECTTIMEOUT 25000
      SMTPAUTHREQUIRED true
      SMTPUSERNAME
      SMTPPASSWORD
      SSLCATALOGURL https://www.e-plethora.com/acatalog/
      SSLCGIBINURL https://www.e-plethora.com/cgi-bin/
      SSLPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../acatalog/
      SSLCODEBASE ./
      SSLFTPHOST e-plethora.com
      SSLFTPUSERNAME
      SSLFTPPASSWORD
      SSLPATHTOCGIBIN cgi-bin/
      SSLUSEPASSIVEFTP false

Comment

Have you seen this post with recommended settings for Clara? they look different to yours.

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=13759

Mike

Comment

Mike

It is still not working with the official settings from clara. I noticed that it refers to Actinic v6. Do they apply for the v7 as well?

Aggies

Comment

I did notice that this was for V6, but the settings are for the network so I can't see why they should be any different for V7.

Do you still get the same error message using the settings Jont posted or is it different?

Mike

PS. You could email the Original Poster in the other thread and see what he had to do to get this working.

Comment

Just to update the thread I have replied via email to the OP with a current export of my CLARA setup.

The v6 settings mentioned in this thread are exactly the same for v7 and I upgraded without any issues from 6 to 7.

I sometimes get the same error message - the site updates itself and does create a system point so at the next upload only the modified items are uploaded. Over the years experiencing this I can only put it down to heavy network traffic and the connection timing out. I just ignore it as everything is working OK.

HTH

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Jont, thanks for the settings, it was a great help. I still reach the merging step and cannot complete the upload. I checked the website and the Actinic front page is loaded. But that is it. No other files can be found live

Any thoughts?

Comment

Hi,

Are you doing an update ( Blue up arrow) or a refresh of the site? If you are getting a merge request error, I would suggest first off doing a complete refresh of the site .. Web | Refresh Website ..

Kind regards,
                  Bruce King
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce,

I tried refreshing the site first as you instructed but I still get the same warning ( even while refreshing ) : "Actinic received a network error while merging files on the server. Try again later and contact your network administrator if the problem persists. The operation timed out". After refreshing , if I start uploading, the same warning appears.

I've tried everything. It is hopeless.

Comment

Hi,

What happens when you do a test in the network settings window?
                      Bruce King
                      SellerDeck

Comment

Bruce,

While it is "testing normal settings...Testing CGI Script settings..." I get a warning " The operation timed out " and when I press OK I get : "The test script failed to execute on the web server. The error could be caused by several things. Check the path to the Perl shell, the CGI script extension, the path to CGI-BIN, and the CGI-BIN URL. This error could also occur if your web site is out of disk space or your web server is not configured to accept POSTs to CGI scripts."

I think I memorised this. I've seen it a million times over the last 20 days

Comment

Hi,

From the settings you have in one of the above posts, I noticed that the path to perl is /bin/perl, this ideally should be usr/bin/perl, unless teh settings you have were provided by the Hosting company.

If you have FTP access to the server can you check to see if the folder permissions are correct, acatalog '777', cgi-bin '755'

Kind regards,
                          Bruce King
                          SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce,

I checked the attributes and they are correct. I also changed the path to perl and I still get the same warning. Is it possible to have your email address? I could send you my usernames and passwords so that you could try and solve this ( if you have the time of course ). I'm close to a nervous breakdown and I trust you will keep it confidential.

Thanks for your help anyway

Kind Regards

Aggies

Comment

Hi,

Please mail me your network settings @ bksupport@actinic.co.uk

Go in to Advanced | Network Setup | Export , save to your desktop and then add the attachment so that I can import them here. Also let em know exact version of Actinic.

Kind regards,
                              Bruce King
                              SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                              X