Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

smtp server error 1:535 on my contact email page..!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smtp server error 1:535 on my contact email page..!?

For some reason on checking my contact us page with a test email. I get an 'Error returned from smtp server. 1:535 incorrect authentification error' notice...

I dont understand, does anyone?

Malcolm Cook
    malc@talk-to-me.co.uk
    www.pos-to-me.co.uk

Looks like your email server requires a username and password. Although, I had a very similar error yesterday and it turned out the reason for it was because I was using a stand-alone PC to test the site. As soon as I uploaded to the proper server, the SMTP mail worked.

JD

Comment

Nice one JayDee...

Seems to be a bit better but I'm sdtill unsure as to that particular error and what it means exactly or how do I fix this...

Malcolm Cook
      malc@talk-to-me.co.uk
      www.pos-to-me.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Bruce, but I have had this

in place for some time...

It looks like this (please see screen shot pic attached...)
        Attached Files
        Last edited by timber; 27-Sep-2005, 01:21 PM. Reason: response to the wrong thread, oh dear...

Malcolm Cook
        malc@talk-to-me.co.uk
        www.pos-to-me.co.uk

Comment

Hi there

Try going to 'Advanced | Network Settings' and selecting 'Username and Password Required'. Then enter the username and password that your web host requires for the 'SMTP' server (this will probably be the username and password you use to check your mail - but it might not be)

Comment

Thanks Chris

V busy trying to do a lot of things...

At the moment I'm not sure whether it's an actinic thing or a webfusion thing?

everything looks as if it should just work and go, but no cigar!
            My web-based mail seems to be fine and so does my my actinic sttings as shown in the attched below...

the 'email us' page just dont seem to go...
            Attached Files

Malcolm Cook
            malc@talk-to-me.co.uk
            www.pos-to-me.co.uk

Comment

OK - I suggest therefore you register an email support query at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm and ask them to check your settings for you.

Comment

I had this error, fixed, but still got a problem

Hi Guys
                I followed this thread to fix the original error, thanks, I needed t untick the the use email details bit...

However, now it sends a 'contact us' email it comes up with an error

Error returned from SMTP Server (4: in your email client)

Ummm, I have no idea what this means, any help would be cool please

Jerry

Comment

Is that the entire error message?? Have you had a word with your hosting compant to check if they have perhaps enabled the Authentication, so you may need to put back the username and password.

Kind regards,
                  Bruce King
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                  X