Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page section layouts..

Hi,

I've just been tweaking my site and I've noticed something which is annoying me! Looking at my products, I have a picture on the left, then some text on the right. To the right of this I was a zonking right piece of space.. Is there anyway I can use this i.e get my text to the end of the screen for example.
    Also, if I have a fairly large picture the text is squeezed up into a thin column leaving more space under the picture, can this be used? Not sure if it's a page layout thing, or some html jiggery pokery that I need.
    Any assistance appreciated.

Many thanks,
    Graham
    www.fragrant-home.co.uk

Graham

With regards to your first point, the code for the table which all your products are laid out in is within a template called Act_ProductBody.html. Look for the line

<TABLE WIDTH="500" COLS="3" BORDER="0" CELLPADDING="10" CELLSPACING="0" ALIGN="CENTER">

Perhaps you could change it to

<TABLE WIDTH="100%" COLS="3" BORDER="0" CELLPADDING="10" CELLSPACING="0" ALIGN="CENTER">

With regards to the product image issue, there is a template available within the 'Product Layout' drop-down for inserting larger images into the design. This is based on teh idea that your images are not going to be larger than about 300 pixels in width. If you have bigger images then you need to use the 'Extended Information' tab to create a pop-up window with a large image.

Comment

Chris,

Thanks for the reply. Changing the html seems to have helped, I get a bit more text on each line now.
      Good point about the pop up with a larger picture, that's a much better way of going about things - can't see why I didn't think of it myself
      graham

Comment

Working...
      X