Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up Actinic 7 on United Hostings

Hi

I am trying to install Actinic 7 on a client's web space hosted by United Hostings and having problems with the paths to and from the cgi-bin folders.

I have checked the permissions on both the cgi-bin and acatalog folders (755 and 777 respectively) but when I try to setup the network connections it fails to navigate to the correct locations.

The domain is cd-warehouse.com
    the root web folder is public_html which is where the acatalog folder is stored.
    The public_html folder also contains the cgi-bin but I guess this is simply an alias that points to some other physical folder.

United Hosting gave me the following
    1. path from cgi-bin to root web page - ../html/

2. path to cgi-bin - /var/www/cgi-bin/

3. Path from cgi-bin to root web page as viewed by the ftp server. This is usually left blank in Actinic. - This is the same as 1 or can be left blank. If it still doesnt work then you can try using the path 2 for all of these.

I have had no luck with these settings nor with the more obvious paths based on /public_html/cgi-bin folder structure.

Has anyone any experience of setting up a catalog on United Hostings?

Thanks in advance

Ron

Have you tried using the network wizard and where does that fail? It's usually pretty good at working out where everything is.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi Mike

Yes - I have tried the wizard. It gets to the Directories page and shows the folders just as I would expect them to be. When I click next I get the following
      "An error occured while sending an HTTP request to the server .." It suggests that the network or server are down which of course they are not. (I have checked the firewalls and switched all but the physical router off - just in case)

I have tried a range of different values including those suggested by United Hosting but all I get is this and other messages such as unable to change directories or you do not have permission ...

Ron

Comment

Hi Ron,

I would suggest you raise a support query at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm so that someone for the support team can take a look at the settings for you. They will require the settings sent to you by United Hosting inclusive of FTP username and password to be able to work it out.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X