Some questions re CGI....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some questions re CGI....

This may be obvious to some - but new ground for me...

This is the setup on my server webspace (Linux 1and1 Bus Pro):
    I have multiple domains each pointing to their own directory on the root of my webspace as their own domain root. I want to add my Actinic shop which will have its own domain name and also reside in a directory as its root, just like the others. I also want to add additional Actinic shops in a similar way in the future.

I have one other domain (different to the Actinic shop domain) that points directly to the root of my webspace (ie that doesn't have its own directory). I used this to point to a CGI-bin directory on the root of my webspace for the Actinic network settings - all works well except with the cookies for the basket funtions (items and value) - I presume this is because it is across two domain names.

Now I've not used CGI before - so here are what may seem as some silly questions:-

1. Must the CGI-bin directory reside in the root of my webspace or can I have a CGI-bin directory in the root of each of my domain directories?
    2. Can I have more than one CGI-bin directory in my webspace?
    3. How can best I setup my webspace for multiple Actinic shops & CGI etc.?

Can anyone please answer these questions for in relation to the way I use my webspace.

I hope my description makes sense.

TIA

Duncan

I have more than one cgi-bin on a 1 and 1 setup (Business) and do have Actinic in a subdirectory. This was discussed about six weeks ago - try a forum search for Actinic in subdirectory.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks Bill.

The answer is so simple sometimes.
      I had it pretty well fixed in my head that I couldn't make multiple CGI directories - so I didn't try.
      Anyway I just made another CGI-bin directory in my domain root, reconfigured the Actinic network settings and bingo - works great.

Cheers.

Duncan

Comment

Working...
      X