Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set up guide for Freeola

Hi
    I am using Catalog 25 and would like to upload to my webspace on Freeola. My web address is www.geckosigns.co.uk. I have no idea how to achieve this so a step by step guide would be a great help.
    Thanks
    Craig

Firstly, in order to be able to FTP to Freeola you must dial in to their FTP server, you can't do it via another ISP.

Secondly the last time I tried running Perl scripts on Freeola, they didn't support all the mods I needed.

Have you checked with them if they support AC? Read the AC Help about how to do that.
    Mike Booker
    M B Web Services
    mbws@mbwebs.co.uk
    +44 1932 340318

Comment

There are two things you can do.

1) Find the file 'Mail2hst.txt' in your Actinic Ecommerce v6 folder and send this text to Freeola - customising as necessary. Their answers will tell you want to do.

2) Run the 'Web | Configure Web Site Details' Wizard. In order to run this successfully you need to know:

a) The web address (URL) of your cgi-bin (or equivalent) folder
      b) The FTP directory of your of your cgi-bin (or equivalent) folder
      c) The web address (URL) of your web site
      d) The FTP directory of your of your 'document root' folder (where your web pages are)

If you know these then you should be able to run the wizard successfully.

Comment

Thanks both for your help. It is working fine now I ran the Configure Web Site Details' Wizard like you said and this sorted everything out.

Craig

Comment

Re: Set up guide for Freeola

Hi Gecko,

Is there any chance you could post the general set up information for Freeola here?

Many thanks,

cp:fusion

Comment

Working...
          X