new (first time) upload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new (first time) upload

oh so far and splat!. trying to upload my site for the first time. 6 hours later!! guessing cgi-bin adresses (what's that all about) comes to the end of those little blue boxes and tells me to go back and tick the check box. 2 hours later having ticked relevant box same thing....help please

which ISP are you with
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

dial up access through demon, site hosted by fasthosts.

Comment

If you call fasthosts support they can give you an import file for their servers, they are available 24-7. You can then change the details to your site and import it in Advanced Network Settings. That should sort you out.

I use them on windows (previously Silver server - now new wizzy distributed server) and it does work - honest.

One more thing they might not tell you this but you have a STMP mailbox for your site, it's name is smtp.site.domain where site is your site and domain is your domain (eg mine is smtp.mole-end.biz), use this in your network settings otherwise your Actinic automated emails might not work.

Regards
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Catalog URL: http://www.yours.com/acatalog/
          Server Host ftp.yours.com
          CGI-BIN URL:
          http://www.yours.com/cgi-bin/
          Username username
          Codebase ./
          Password **********
          Path to CGI from catalog:
          ./acatalog/
          Path to CGI-BIN htdocs/cgi-bin/
          CGI script and extension as is
          Path to CGI-BIN (FTP path) ../acatalog/
          SMTP server smtp.yours.com
          Use passive transfers Ticked
          Web site URL http://www.yours.com
          Ignore passive transfers Ticked
          Path to Perl shell c:\perl\bin
          Use relative CGI-BIN URL's Not ticked
          Owner of a broken heart

Comment

thanks for the advice jan & gary. unfortunately no further on. fasthosts import file falls down right from the start. "server error occured while attempting to get server file 'http://www.modelmania.co.uk/cgi-bin/CheckHost.pl' 403-Access denied.
            going back to the upload wizard still the same problem .. program does not recognise url of cgi-bin directory, with error code web server returned 403 access forbidden.
            hope you can help

Comment

I would suggest going back a step or two, firstly make sure that you can access your site using ftp and can upload a file to it manually. Fasthosts support should be able to help you out with this test if you don't know what to do. When you are sure that the site is working correctly then you can try it with catalog.

How long have you had it because it can take a few days for the site to start working after you have put your domain onto it - which BTW you have to do manually at ukreg.

Regards
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

ftp is working fine (i use cute). even the actinic test page is in there! the site has been running for nearly a year. thanks for your help.

Comment

Thinking back I had the same error when I first moved to fasthosts. I fixed it by parking my domain and unparking it - starting again in other words. I use a windows server but it kept complaining about permissions which I couldn't set because it was a windows server.

Good luck with it.

Comment

Working...
                  X