Shipping Fixed Price and Variable By Weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Fixed Price and Variable By Weight

I would like to offer a fixed p+p price of 99p for my UK customers but a price depending on weight for overseas sales.

I've got the main part OK (I think) as I just made the UK weight band 5kg for the 99p, and different weight bands for the overseas.

My problem is that I use the pro-rata tax option as I sell both standard and zero rated items but would like the UK shipping to be 99p no matter what.

Is that possible

Andrew

If everything in the UK is 99p regardless of quantity, you could increase that band to 10,000 kg or reduce it to 1kg and mark excess as take highest rate.

Are you saying that you want shipping of exactly 99p on tax exempt goods and also exactly 99p including tax on non-exempt goods? Only way I can see to get that effect, is to reduce the price of the shipping to 82p and add 17p to the price of the exempt goods.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Bill,

I don't think that would work - what if the customer purchased 2 taxable items and 2 zero rated items?

I may have to settle for a varying p+p of between 82-99p, but from a marketing point of view it would look rather naff.

Andrew

Comment

OK - if you want 99p per item, add 99p to the cost price of every non-taxable item and 82p to every taxable item and the shipping cost at 0 zero. Advertise shipping included within UK.
        Bill

Comment

Bill - wont that then add in 99p for every item added to the cart rather than just 99p for the whole order?

If the UK sales are all domestic purchases (ie not for companies) you can set the shipping to exempt and that avoids any rounding errors.
          Last edited by jont; 03-Dec-2005, 10:45 AM. Reason: typo

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

@jont,
            Yes it would, but I am not clear if the OP is trying to achieve 99p per item or 99p per shipment. If it's per shipment than you have answered him
            Bill

Comment

Thank you both very much for your replies.

I've learned a couple of things here - how to sort out my p+p charge and also be more specific when asking a question.

1 down and about 100 to go

Andrew

Comment

Working...
              X