No announcement yet.

1 & 1 SSL Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi James - what is the URL of your website. I'll try it from my browser to see what I get.
    Regards
    David

Comment

...regarding the oneandone SSL issue I just got this reply to my question from oneandone:

"On a managed server you only get 1 SSL certificate. You activate the SSL through the 1&1 admin panel. The activation is carried out by selecting a directory and then that directory and its children directories have a SSL enabled. if you want more then one domain to have SSL, then you could create directory for every domain that you want a secure connection for and place it under the SSL directory. Then through the domain management section of the 1&1 control panel you can point the domain to its particular directory"
      Regards
      David

Comment

Hi David,

The URL is http://www.shoesforchildren.co.uk

I assume I have got everything set up on 1&1 correctly as it is trying to put the SSL on, I'm guessing there must be something on the page it can't put under the https?

Thanks

James

Comment

Hi James - I tried this as far as I could without entering my credit card details and the padlock remained closed throughout the checkout process.

I did get the message though asking if I want to display non-secure items. I believe this means that something within your html file is not in the secure area - but I cannot see what it is.

Maybe someonee from Actinic can help?
          Regards
          David

Comment

I see you are using a design based on stylesheets. I suggest you go to 'Advanced | Template Manager'.

Go to the 'Miscellaneous' tab and click 'CSS Files...'. (If you are looking at the blue and white graphical template manager then click 'Change View').

Click 'Edit' and then find the following line:

background-image:url(NETQUOTEVAR:BGIMAGECSS);

Change it to read

/*background-image:url(NETQUOTEVAR:BGIMAGECSS);*/

Save the file and upload the store and the message about secure/insecure items will hopefully be gone from the checkout.

Comment

Working...
            X