Network configuration for Streamline.net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network configuration for Streamline.net

I have seen some posts for this problem but could not see if anyone had resolved the issue for loading the site to streamline.net hosting. Is one of the problems the permissions on the cgi-bin, that they can not be reset from 500 to 755 by me. Could this be an issue with uploading.

Streamline inform I do not need to change permissions. Could some advise me on my settings if my cgi-bin is in a directory called htdocs on the server
    Last edited by Gavin752; 20-Jan-2006, 03:09 PM. Reason: additonal info from streamline

See if they can take a look at another Actinic site they (may well) operate on the same server and compare the files, ownerships and permissions to see if they can identify any major differences in the 2, or ask (privacy an issue) if you can be put in touch with a customer on the same machine using Actinic, to liaise on how they got it working...

Barring that - can they switch you to a nix server, assuming you do not need Windows programming elements etc.

Comment

Hi,

I'm running Actinic Dev 7 selling baby gifts and have about 12 sites. I've got one with hosting at Streamline - www.baby-gifts-christening.co.uk. It took a while to run Actinic with Streamline but below are my network setting at work fine now.

I'm also set-up for Linux server with Streamline, if you are on Windows get Streamline to change over for you.

HTTPPROXYMODE 0
      HTTPPROXYADDRESS localhost
      HTTPPROXYPORT 80
      HTTPPROXYUSER MyHTTPProxyUser
      HTTPPROXYPASSWORD MyHTTPProxyPassword
      FTPPROXYMODE 0
      FTPPROXYADDRESS farhost
      FTPPROXYPORT 21
      FTPPROXYUSER MyFTPProxyUser
      FTPPROXYPASSWORD MyFTPProxyPassword
      SCRIPTID 1
      SCRIPTEXT .pl
      SMTPHOST smtp.lovethatgifts.co.uk
      WEBSITEURL http://www.baby-gifts-christening.co.uk
      IGNOREPASSIVEERRORS true
      USERELATIVECGIURLS false
      PATHTOPERL /usr/bin/perl
      USEENHANCEFTP true
      FTPCLIENTTIMEOUT 15000
      FTPRETRYDELAY 3000
      FTPSILENT false
      FTPMAXRETRIES 3
      FTPCONNECTTIMEOUT 25000
      SMTPAUTHREQUIRED false
      SMTPUSERNAME ********
      SMTPPASSWORD ********
      CATALOGURL http://www.baby-gifts-christening.co.uk/acatalog/
      CGIBINURL http://www.baby-gifts-christening.co.uk/cgi-bin/
      PATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../acatalog/
      CODEBASE ./
      FTPHOST ftp.baby-gifts-christening.co.uk
      FTPUSERNAME *******
      FTPPASSWORD ******
      PATHTOCGIBIN /htdocs/cgi-bin/
      USEPASSIVEFTP false
      FTPPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG

One other thing I find Streamline 100% crap on customer service, it takes them a day to reply to your emails, and when you do get a reply it's a 'one word answer'.

I know had a Reseller account with www.compila.com (UK company in Kent) and all of my Actinic sites are working fine with them and have never had any problems. You can also call them if you have any questions (not like Streamline).

I hope the network settings above will help you. Good Luck!!!
      Regards,

Les

Abc Baby Gifts
      Snuggle Feet
      Baby Casting From My Perfect Impression

Comment

Thanks Les,

They are a nightmare. checked that they were compatible. I wait days for replies to support questions. Good value hosting my a@?*.

I have requested that I am changed to Linux which is now into its 3rd day.

I will try your settings and then fingers crossed.

Thanks for help, really appreciated as I am a bit of a novice.

Cheers

Gavin

Comment

Hi,

Glad to help, hopefully it works out. If you have anymore problems, get them or whoever controls your domain and change the DNS to 4 Sure Hosting. And sign up with them for hosting.

I've just moved 3 of my sites to them and no problems at all. Very fasy replies to emails as well. There domain is www.4SureHosting.co.uk. First upload on Actinic and all was great and working perfect!
          Regards,

Les

Abc Baby Gifts
          Snuggle Feet
          Baby Casting From My Perfect Impression

Comment

Working...
          X