Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IIS Behind an ISA Server

Hi,

Trying to get catalog running on a test machine running IIS on a workstation, problem is the workstationis behind an ISA server. All seems ok but it fails the network test as follows:-

Some of the tests made to check the web server can connect to a remote server failed.

The cgi script failed to open a comnnection to a remote server
    The cgi script received an invalid response from the remote server.

I assume the ISA server is prevernting this, however without knowing what is happening I cant open the ISA server

Any clues?
    Alan Stanley
    www.stuff-uk.net

There is a guide to IIS setup within the latest version of the Advanced User Guide. If you can disable the ISA server temporarily, you can use the instructions in the AUG to ensure the IIS server is set up correctly.

There is a knowledge base article here which talks about ISA servers, but they are about getting through them to the Internet. There may be some useful stuff in there though.

Comment

Chris,

We have our normal external Actinic Site maintained from inside the ISA Server network, so I assume that the ISA server is configured correctly in that respect.

The problem is with an internal IIS server, which we wish to use for testing.

I have read the AUG many times.

The problem may be to do with the fact that this server is on the internal network.

Alan
      Alan Stanley
      www.stuff-uk.net

Comment

Just downloaded V6.12

If you have the firewall client enabled whilst going through the first part of the network setup (Http and ftp proxies) you can connect to the internet and this part of setup works ok.

If you disable the firewall client when you get to the cgi bin directory part that gives the previously mnetioned error, it configures correctly.

The settings then pass the test with either the firewall client on or off.

Weird.
        Alan Stanley
        www.stuff-uk.net

Comment

Working...
        X