any idea!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any idea!

just moved site from a virtule server to a dedicated server before dns was sorted I managed to upload site to new server but ever since then when i try to do a full refresh i get this error halfway through purging files. we are using
    version 6.1.0.0.0.dhba

200 TYPE is now 8-bit binary
    200 PORT command successful
    425 could not open data connection to port 4663: connection refused

things i've tryed
    passive and none passive
    disconnecting router
    getting rid of firewalls and anti virus
    tested network connections
    run ipconfig/flushdns

help

hmmmmmmmmm. Strange port 4663 number.

Are you rewriting port numbers or anything like that as it should be connecting on port 21 for FTP and 80 for HTTP, then if your server moves into passive mode, then the port numbers should be a lot higher than that.

Not much help I know, sorry... also heard of some people having similar port issues when using netgear routers and NAT devices, but not sure how much of a prompt or help that will be for you.

Have you spoken to your dedicated server provider to provide some help?

Comment

any idea

I do think you are right it is a simular problem as the netgear, but i now beleave it has something to do with the size of the site because if i do the refresh in sections its not a problem

Comment

Hi there,

There is a long standing ..er foible with Netgear routers, where the MTU setting is not high enough.
        Access the router and change the MTU setting to 1500.
        It should start uploading then.
        "OK Venus?"
        "OK Steve!"
        "Right then, lets go!

Comment

As an addendum to my previous email see: -

http://community.actinic.com/showpos...3&postcount=15
          "OK Venus?"
          "OK Steve!"
          "Right then, lets go!

Comment

I don't know about the ports, but I think this is a timeout issue. I've had these problems and every time it was a timeout problem on the purge. As for the connect refused problem, I've had it twice & both times my ISP verified that there had been a problem such as a hard drive failure or network problem. I'm on a virtual server, but it should be comparable.

Comment

Working...
            X