SSL Certificate Installation Refresher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSL Certificate Installation Refresher

Hi, I run my site through an ISP on a virtual server. My ssl certificate is expiring soon and my ISP has been unable to sucessfully install a new one without errors. I've scanned through the Actinic documentation, but one never reads as thoroughly the 2nd time around as they do the first time. I haven't been able to find anything which I need to do through Actinic.

Do I need to install the certificate in Internet Explorer and refresh my site?
    Have I forgotten something?

Thanks

Al

what errors do you see in the ssl cert?

no you don't install the cert in a browser, it is installed into the webspace, browsers just read the info given to them.

Comment

Make sure they are using the correct/latest CA bundle for the cert you are installing.

This is generally the issue that most hit upon.

Comment

Hi,

My old cart required a browser installation and I couldn't remember if Actinic worked the same way. They are getting different errors, but one was saying that the certificate was already used. They are now working directly with the company who generates the certificate. The old one still works ok, but it expires tomorrow. I'll give them a heads up about the CA bundle.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X