Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hosting environments for actinic?

Hi,

I'm sure that I'm asking something that is perfectly obvious, but here goes anyway.

We have developed bespoke ecommerce solutions for client before, but are now looking to use an application such as Actinic for a particular project. We very much prefer to deploy sites in a non-Windows environment, preferably unix/apache. Is it possible to confirm what, if any, elements of the actinic product are platform dependant. I see that it appears to be perl based, which is great, but can it be deployed on a linux/unix based server, and are there any browser dependancies for the client end?

Many thanks in anticipation . I don't have the documentation yet, so I can't RTFM :-)

Nick
    Nick Roper
    partner
    logical elements
    information & internet solutions

Actinic flies on unix/lin servers. just the usual browser stuff to worry about.
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

The softwares scripts will operate under either Windows or Linux, so long as the Windows server has the Perl installed and functional.

A number of people have said in the past that they have had nothing but problems within Windows hosting servers, but many others, probably hundreds or thousands have operated their sites without problems on the Windows server platform.

All that said, we recommend Linux based platforms for Actinic sites. Not because windows doesn't work, but we know that Linux does without the potential that some Windows platforms or setups produces...

Hope it helps....

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the info guys. Sounds good, and looking forward to having a play.

Cheers,

Nick
        Nick Roper
        partner
        logical elements
        information & internet solutions

Comment

Our sites ran on Win servers but with the upgrade to V6 became so slow it was unuseable
          Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Working...
          X