SSL - unable to register

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSL - unable to register

If there is an administrator here can they please check as to why I cannot register for the SSL.

I'm based in the UK and have tried everyday for the past week. I finally ran actinic who said it will be resolved within the hour but it has been days.

Please help as i cant launch my site until this has been done. Furthermore, i want to contact them within my Free 30 day support if i have any problems but i only have a few days left.
    Maybe it is just my computer, so if someone could please check at http://www.actinic.com/sssl/uk.htm it would be appreciated.

Des
    Business Plus V9.0.5
    Windows 7 Home Premium

Actinic are probably closed for the night, but you would be best calling them first thing in the morning.

BTW: We can provide the Actinic Shared SSL for you if you wanted. Full details on our 4SureHosting site...

Comment

or you can buy an SSL cert for $49

Comment

From looking at the form it looks as if you have already paid for the service and just trying to register it to activate it. I got as far as the page where you enter your details - didn't want to fill that one in, might have caused confusion - what happens, does this form fail.

I would suggest calling again for an update, if the form is broken and you can only register via the form then you are stuck. Ask for your 30 day cover to be extended for the time you have been delayed by (they might well say no but you can only ask).

You should be able to test the site out quite nicely without SSL by using the invoice with order payment method to buy test orders.

Regards
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Apologies for the problems with registering for shared SSL. The registration process (not the actual service) runs on a third party server which houses our .com site and it's been under a denial of service attack for the last few days. It keeps on going up and down and we keep on moving the site to a backup server, restoring the original when everything seems OK, only to have further problems.

Unfortunately the backup server isn't configured to take shared SSL registrations.

Please can you email nbayton@actinic.co.uk and we will try to get you sorted out immediately.

Chris
          Actinic

Comment

thanks

it all seems to be working now.
            ________
            Ge honda aero engines
            Business Plus V9.0.5
            Windows 7 Home Premium

Comment

Working...
            X