Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server Problem

Hi All,

At present we are trying to set up an FTP connection to our server for our first actinic store. I wanna get this link established before I progress to deep in development.

Initially, we had a CGI / Perl problem that proved to be a problem with our virtual host account (). After talking with our virtual host, this is the response we received..

"As far as we can see Actinic is not compatible with our servers. The older ones work fine up to version 4 but after that the memory usage has increased considerably as well as the need for up to 10 concurrent ftp connection which at the moment we only allow 2."

Does anyone have any suggestions?? - positive or nergative / recommendations etc

Cheers

Jamie

Hi Jamie

It is worth taking a look at

http://www.actinic.co.uk/services/hosting.htm

Here is a list of our web hosting partners which work with Actinic, it may be worth giving some of them a call.

Hope this helps
    Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

server problem

Here's my suggestion: If you are happy with your provider keep them and have actinic hosted somewhere else then provide a link to the store site. If you don't care either way just switch providers

Comment

it is not really a good idea to split a site over 2 servers. you will experience slowness as the user goes from one server to the other. And of course it will cost to 2x to have 2 accounts

Just get a host who can manage the lot!

Comment

server problem

True, it would.but maybe they just love their Host. But you are right if the host can't do it then bolt.

Comment

@Any Web PCs

You're virtual host account wasn't with Verio was it ?

Comment

Working...
            X