Snapshot Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snapshot Problem

I have V4 running in a laptop which is about to drop dead the aol connection has stopped working and cannot be fixed or re installed so I cannot access my orders, I have transferred a snapshot of my site onto the pc using a serial connection, copied the settings onto the pc but when I try to import the snapshot it says it has been sucessfilly completed but it hasnt imported. Should I copy and paste site1 over from the laptop instead. Also when I tried to import the snapshot onto the V6 demo installation on the laptop it didnt import either just said the demo 30 days had expired (after approx 10 mins). I have purged everything from the catalogue except the orders, should \\I remove these as well. I am getting a sinking feeling about this, I have spent ages on modifying templates and loading products and I dont want to do a second re-write
    Back up and running thanks to help from Actinic community!!
    http://www.pinkcatgifts.co.uk

You might want to try compacting the database, this can be found within the Housekeeping tab.

Compacting solves a number of similar problems like you are having.

Hope it helps....

Comment

Snapshot in V4 was always flakey!!

copy site1 instead

Comment

Thanks peeps,
        The catalogue now wont let me do anything but look at it not even a snapshot!!!. I am going to load up again and manually re-write over the weekend, it wont upload any changes and since I have lost contact with my host and Actinic provider I will take this chance to get a new hosting package at the same time, In the mean time all I can do is point the one domain name I have control of to a null page to prevent orders being placed and people being disapointed.
        ...soon as this makes me a fortune I am buying V6!!!
        Back up and running thanks to help from Actinic community!!
        http://www.pinkcatgifts.co.uk

Comment

If you're going the Copy Site1 route then also make sure you go into Housekeeping / Security and copy and paste all the info there to a textfile so you can restore it into your new system.

You need this info to download any existing orders.

Norman
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
          X