Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help problems with setting up (newbe)

Hi 1st post on here.

I am having problems setting up version 4, when I have in put all the settings into Advanced Network set up when I click test I get the following

“Catalog is not able to run the CGI scripts on the server. It appears as if the scripts are not installed. Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to review your web site configuration.”

So I press ok, I then get

“The web server returned error code 404 - Requested URL not found. This means Catalog can not execute the CGI scripts on your web site. Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to check the web setup”

So I press ok and go to the set up Wizard and get the following message pop up the info in the boxes is the same as my web host (www.easyspace.com) says it should be so I click ok.

“The wizard needs to know where Perl is installed on the web server and what extension Perl scripts must have in order to execute on the remote server. You may need to contact your ISP to gather this information. Be sure to specify the "." on the extension if it is required. For example, ".cgi", or ".pl".”

I then get a warning type box, which says

“The server is not configured to handle cookie headers .the script did not receive the cookie sent by the wizard.”

So I have to click OK, I then get

“The wizard received an unexpected exception while testing the web server’s Perl environment. The server returned an invalid or unrecognised response
    Try again later”

Can any one help me as I don’t really understand what is going on.

Yours in hope Paul Vetere

My suggestion is to locate the file 'Mail2Hst.txt' in your 'Actinic Ecommerce v4' folder and send the text in this to the support dept. of your web hosting company (tailoring it to suite your needs).

This will ask a load of questions to your web hosting company to make sure that Actinic has the basic ability to run. Actinic requires Perl running at the web site - it sounds like there may be a problem with this.

Just looking at your posting again, I can see you are using EasySpace. They are pretty good with Actinic so should definitely be able to give you some help. In fact, if you go to their website, click on Support then search the knowledge base for 'actinic' you will find some sample settings.

Alternatively, click the link below to access the article:
    http://eservice.easyspace.com/cgi-bi...Z2U9MQ**&p_li=

Comment

Thanks for the help i have sorted it well some of it.

what i did was up load the catalog to easy space worked ok but when it came to enter your credit card details it was secure so i brought from Easypace a Secure server (SSL) and changed the settings as they told me, but this put the whole web site securs thats why i was having problems with the up load.

So now i am back to the network setting not useing the secure side of it.

My understading is the web site sections are not secure but when you click "checkout" the web url changes to https am i right ???

As it is at the moment you can checkout and enter the credit card details not secure.

You can have a look at my site http://www.prox.co.uk/acatalog/
      but is no way finished yet and i have not got a link to it form any other site yet.

Yours Paul Vetere

Comment

These sorts of question are tricky to sort out in a forum like this. I have no idea whether your SSL server is set up correctly, or if the problem is with the settings you have entered in Actinic.

My only suggestion is to run the wizard at 'Web | Configure Web Site Details' and then answer the questions about your SSL server.

Alternatively, contact EasySpace. They are there to help you and they know a lot about Actinic.

Comment

ok will do thanks for your advise, will let you know how i get on..

yours paul

Comment

Working...
          X