Dual Systems, shared connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I've been using actinic for a long time on a single dedicated connection with no problem. But now I've added side-by-side dual systems (Mac & Windows XP) to my computer, and Windows is using the Mac wireless internet connection. Windows finds the connection just fine, but I can't get Actinic to find it. Do I set this up as a proxy server, and if so how? I've tried everything I can think of! Any and all help is welcome!

Originally posted by cindy
    ...But now I've added side-by-side dual systems (Mac & Windows XP) to my computer ..
    What do you mean by 'side-by-side dual systems '?

Comment

I'm running Windows XP on Mac OSX using the software Parallels. Everything works fine in Actinic and the rest of my windows software, but Actinic won't find my internet connection. It's a wireless connection that all my other Windows programs find just fine. There must be some trick to sharing a connection between XP and OSX, but I can't figure out what it is.

Comment

Only a Mac / Parallels / Actinic user is going to be able to help you on this. And I don't know if there are any! If there are they, may not know that they are needed from this threads title.

You may be better off deleting this thread and reposting with a useful title like Network connection problem when running Actinic on a Mac via Parallels.

Also searching for Parallels will return some useful posts.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

The only difference I would expect with Actinic vs other windows apps is perhaps that Actinic also uses ftp. You could check with another windows ftp client and see if that works. If not then it must be related to ftp not http.

Comment

Working...
          X