Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTP IP Address

Hi
    I uploaded my site sucessfully yesterday however when carried out web forwarding it all went pear shaped! I have reset my IP address with my server and for some reason I can no longer upload as the an error msg appears:Unable to connect to the FTP server "www.designhomeinteriors.co.uk". The operation timed out.
    When I log onto the site my net benefit page shows but other people are still able to access it (my friends can get onto the site but not me!) My question is under my DNS settings with netbenefit should both the domain name and ftp address be pointing towards the same ip address? I am very confused!!! hope someone out there can help me?!!!!

Thanks

Naomi

I'd be very surprised (might be, just surprised if this is the case) if:

FTP server "www.designhomeinteriors.co.uk"

is your FTP address.

I would check what your host has provided as the FTP address, they usually (most common occurrence) start with 'ftp' and not 'www'.

Comment

i'd be very surprised if:

FTP server "www.designhomeinteriors.co.uk"
      you can have www as ftp login, it depends on host/server configuration

PB servers, for example, will allow any of the following 3

www.domain
      ftp.domain
      domain

however this doesn't answer the OP..... hopefully just adds clarification for the future

Comment

Hi
        Yes just checked with netbenefit and the server name is www.yourdomain.co.uk. This worked when I first uploaded but wont work now. The setting have changed due to me messing around with web forwarding yesterday. I have changed them back but just wondered if the ftp and web address should have the same ip address?
        Thanks
        Naomi

Comment

I have just spoken to netbenefit. The site is working ok. It appears to be my internet connection that keeps going back to their host page and will not enable actinic to upload! I have deleted all cookeies and files etc and re-started by no joy. I am soooooooooooooo frustrated can anyone help. PLEASE!!!

Naomi

Comment

try Start Menu, Run in the box type "ipconfig flushdns" - without quotes.

Comment

Hi
              Thanks but no joy!!! any other suggestions?? I want to cry!

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                however this doesn't answer the OP..... hopefully just adds clarification for the future
                Thanks Jo, appreciate your help.

Comment

Hi
                  Many thanks for your help. It is all sorted I think your suggestion helped Jo but took a little time and a restart. Anyway I am a happy bunny today as all is going well!!!

Naomi

Comment

Working...
                  X