Permissions error on /acatalog/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permissions error on /acatalog/

I have just uploaded my site to my new clara.net account, using the suggested settings in the KB. Everything was fine in the network setup, and network test, and the upload to the site all worked fine.

At first glance the site seems to work ok as well. However, when the site tries to jump to the page "www.mydomain.com/actatalog" (say from pressing cancel at the checkout or the way it skips back after you add something to the basket) it says -

"Forbidden - You don't have permission to access /acatalog/ on this server."

Now I check with FTP and the permissions are set to "-rwxrwx..." so I guess the error is correct.

The questions is - are the permissions wrong (why didn't it set the correctly?) or is it jumping to the wrong place (how do I change that?)
    John

It is not jumping to the wrong place, you may need to edit the permissions on the 'acatalog' folder to give the Perl the permissions it needs to run.

If you can go onto the 'acatalog' folder via and FTP program like CuteFTP, use the 'CHMOD' command (in my CuteFTP you can do this via a right click) and set the permissions to '777'. You may be able to get clara.net to help you with this.

Comment

Working...
    X