help need with ValueWeb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help need with ValueWeb

I'm having trouble getting my store working properly at ValueWeb. I'm hosted on a Unix Cobalt RaQ server, which should provide all the CGI/Perl Actinic needs, but when I use the 'Test' button on the 'Advance network setup' box, it gets as far as 'Testing normal settings - Testing CGI Script settings' then reports a 'timeout' error and the following:

"The test script failed to execute on the web server. The error could be caused by several things. Check the path to the Perl shell, the CGI script extension, the path to CGI-BIN, and the CGI-BIN URL. This error could also occur if your web site is out of disk space or your web server is not configured to accept POSTs to CGI scripts."

I've looked though the posts here and have tried a few of the solutions suggested, but still no joy...

Can anyone help?

Hello Chris.

Could you FTP to your server and make sure the permissions of the cgi-bin are 755, if not change them and try the test again.

Hope this helps.
    Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

I've made sure the file permssions are set to 755, unfortunatly it made no difference... /
      The main problem is, I think this is just symptomatic of a more important issue. I'm able to upload to the site, but always get an error while it tries to merge the files.
      And I am unable to retrieve test orders from the site, as the attempt always times out...

Comment

Hi Chris

Thanks for checking that.

You say it is a RAQ server. What do you have for the path to the cgi-bin in the Advanced Network setup window?

On RAQs, this is normally /web/cgi-bin/

What happens if you click test on the advanced network setup, what error messages (if any) are displayed?
        Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Well, I'm about 99% certain that the CGI-bin is '/cgi-bin', as for the test...

"The test script failed to execute on the web server. The error could be caused by several things. Check the path to the Perl shell, the CGI script extension, the path to CGI-BIN, and the CGI-BIN URL. This error could also occur if your web site is out of disk space or your web server is not configured to accept POSTs to CGI scripts."

It's very frustrating, as the site is on the server, and appears to be working, but I'm unable to retrieve orders...

Comment

Hi there.

I think it would be a good idea to get technical support to take a look.

If you have cover, please call 0845 129 48 48, or if not register the query at www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm
            Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Lucas
              Well, I'm about 99% certain that the CGI-bin is '/cgi-bin'
              That is really unusual for a Raq server, as their ftp and http roots are in different locations.

You normally have to go back up through the directories to the site root and go down into the 'web' directory at root level (NOT the web directory seen when you ftp in, this is in the 'user' directory), hence the cgi-bin path of- /web/cgi-bin
              "OK Venus?"
              "OK Steve!"
              "Right then, lets go!

Comment

Working...
              X