FTPUSERNAME *******
    FTPPASSWORD *******
    PATHTOCGIBIN /shopping/cgi-bin/
    USEPASSIVEFTP true
    FTPPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG

When I click test I get this error message:

Followed by this error:

Now when I upload it I get this error message:

////"The path from the cgi-bin to the acatalog directory is not correct.
    It appears as if the acatalog directory does not exist on the remote host.

Possible Cause:
    The path from the cgi-bin to the acatalog directory is not correct.
    The acatalog directory has been
    removed or renamed.
    Recommendation:
    Abort
    Resolution:
    Run the Web | Configure Web Site Details. Check "Confirm Each Setting" and verify that the setup looks correct.

Verify that the acatalog directory exists on the web site and is readable by the web server. Then try to refresh the site.

Command: version Filename:"\\\\

But it loads the catalog to /shopping/acatalog/ | the CGI scripts to /shopping/cgi-bin | and the index.html to /shopping/.

Isn't that correct?

Now when I click the add to cart button on an item I get this error message:

A General Script Error Occurred

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error: Error opening configuration file ./acatalog/prompt.fil. No such file or directory
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner.
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

NOW when I change the "Path From CGI-BIN to acatalog Directory" to ./acatalog/ removing one of the "." it tests just fine

with no errors.

When I upload it gives no erros but it puts the acatalog directory in the cgi-bin folder and the index.html in the cgi-bin

folder.

When I navigate to the url (/shopping/cgi-bin/index.html) and "add to cart" i get the same error as before.

I HAVE removed the /shopping/ from the setting and used the web root folder with no success. SAME THING.

Permissions are set properly.

Please can someone help I am so frustrated and I am new to this program.

I really appreciate any help that I can get.

Kevin

Kevin, few things to start with:

1 - Who is your host?
    2 - Have you confirmed your host works with actinic?
    3 - Are the correct permissions set on the cgi-bin and acatalog folder?
    4 - Hows about removing the extra directory 'shopping' and setting your site up like 99% of people do? Even if you wish to add it back in for some reason after, get it working without it first. The acatalog folder will do the same as your shopping folder, i'd get rid of it unless a specific need.

When you struggle in these areas, set it up using the usual and basic common settings that we all use and confirm it is all ok, then introduce your extra directory.

I'd also try:

PATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../shopping/acatalog/

Comment

I HAVE removed the /shopping/ from the setting and used the web root folder with no success. SAME THING.
      Gotta ask why are you wanting to put the site into shopping/acatalog its abit senseless.

First thing sort out the permissions...
      acatalog folder 777
      cgi-bin 755 - assuming unix server

Secondly get the setting working without the sub folder shopping, just remove shopping from the settings you have. If the permissions are sorted the upload may then work.

If the settings don't work, then run the wizard telling it to use the settings you have, and let it sort out the rest.

3 key paths not to deviate from

WEBSITEURL http://www.portlandmotorcycle.com
      CATALOGURL http://www.portlandmotorcycle.com/acatalog/
      CGIBINURL http://www.portlandmotorcycle.com/cgi-bin/

But it loads the catalog to /shopping/acatalog/ | the CGI scripts to /shopping/cgi-bin | and the index.html to /shopping/.

Isn't that correct?
      it could be, there should be 2 index.html files, one at root in your case this might be shopping/index.html if you use a brochure home page the other will be shopping/acatalog/index.html

When I navigate to the url (/shopping/cgi-bin/index.html)
      thats nonsense, you would never need to navigate to this path

Comment

I am wanting to put the site under the shopping directory because the main Portlandmotorcycle.com site is under the web root folder with an index.htm and this one will have an index.html. I want the shopping center to have a URL of portlandmotorcycle.com/shopping/ so customers know when they are outside the main page and I don't want customers to get confused when self navigating (which I am probably being to picky ). So whatever I have to do is fine.

My host company is hostmysite.com. The page is on a Windows server not Unix. That I didn't know now I do.

I have eliminated the sub directory and changed the setting to root/directory.

The permissions were set by my hosting company because the website is having some issues right now or I could acompany some screenshots of what it looks like. That is why my resposnse took so long.

So here are my new settings:

HTTPPROXYMODE 0
        HTTPPROXYADDRESS
        HTTPPROXYPORT 80
        HTTPPROXYUSER
        HTTPPROXYPASSWORD
        FTPPROXYMODE 0
        FTPPROXYADDRESS
        FTPPROXYPORT 21
        FTPPROXYUSER
        FTPPROXYPASSWORD
        SCRIPTID 1
        SCRIPTEXT .cgi
        SMTPHOST 127.0.0.1
        WEBSITEURL http://www.portlandmotorcycle.com/
        IGNOREPASSIVEERRORS true
        USERELATIVECGIURLS false
        PATHTOPERL /usr/bin/perl
        USEENHANCEFTP false
        FTPCLIENTTIMEOUT 15000
        FTPRETRYDELAY 3000
        FTPSILENT false
        FTPMAXRETRIES 3
        FTPCONNECTTIMEOUT 25000
        SMTPAUTHREQUIRED false
        SMTPUSERNAME
        SMTPPASSWORD
        CATALOGURL http://www.portlandmotorcycle.com/acatalog/
        CGIBINURL http://www.portlandmotorcycle.com/cgi-bin/
        PATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../acatalog/
        CODEBASE ./
        FTPHOST 208.112.70.199
        FTPUSERNAME ******
        FTPPASSWORD ******
        PATHTOCGIBIN /cgi-bin/
        USEPASSIVEFTP true
        FTPPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

STILL GETTING THIS ERROR when I click "add to cart" button:

A General Script Error Occurred

Error: Error opening configuration file ../acatalog/prompt.fil. No such file or directory
        Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

It all uploads into the correct directories that I specified.

Hostmysite does support Actinic (at least the questions I asked them from the mailtohost.txt file). They said they support most anything a program wants to do.

Am I doing somthing wrong?

Comment

Try changing this..

to

PATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ./acatalog/

Then add ../acatalog/ to FTPPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG so it reads

FTPPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../acatalog/

Click on 'apply' then OK.

Then go to 'Web | Refresh Website', let us know if that helps.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Man that worked perfectly.

I really appreciate it. You guys have been a lot of help.

Kevin

Comment

Error opening configuration file

Originally posted by Bruce
              Try changing this..

to

PATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ./acatalog/

Then add ../acatalog/ to FTPPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG so it reads

FTPPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../acatalog/

Click on 'apply' then OK.

Then go to 'Web | Refresh Website', let us know if that helps.

Kind regards,
              Great - thanks. This fixes a problem I presented to the support team some weeks ago when I was trying to migrate a site to a new server. As always Actinic support never resolved the issue despite apparently escalating the issue to the development team and I never heard from them again(as usual) . Actinic support is a waste of time and money and I don't recall ever once having a resoloution to a support request, having to constantly chase responses to requests and somehow they manage to justify charging money for the service(?)

Comment

Originally Posted by Bruce
                This fixes a problem I presented to the support team some weeks ago when I was trying to migrate a site to a new server. As always Actinic support never resolved the issue despite apparently escalating the issue to the development team and I never heard from them again(as usual) . Actinic support is a waste of time and money and I don't recall ever once having a resoloution to a support request, having to constantly chase responses to requests and somehow they manage to justify charging money for the service(?)
                Actually Bruce is a member of Actinic support.

Comment

You can rename the actinic pages, you do not have to use index.html. To be honest your asking for trouble if you start using directories other than the actinic one.

Unless i missed the change were just by changing it in network settings actinic will do the rest

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                    Actually Bruce is a member of Actinic support.
                    Yes, I am aware of that. Perhaps Bruce could share his knowledge with the rest of his team so that they may help other people that have paid for a support service and may encounter this issue because the support staff I dealt with didn't offer it as a solution - their idea of a solution is an upgrade because apparently there is nothing wrong with the software!

Quoted directly from correspondence with support:

"development has got back to me with your issue and I am afraid, there is no problem with the software and this could be down to your “Network Setting” as they ware able to upload you snapshot to a local server and it worked fine. Another thing they pointed out was to do with a upgrade of you software (if possible)

My apologies for not send this issue earlier to development as I was not able to replicate the problem.
                    "

Comment

Working...
                    X