Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email Problem with Host Europe/Web Fusion/Magic Moments

I can't believe this is a coincident!

I have received reports from a number of clients that, after months of Actinic working correctly all of a sudden no Actinic generated emails are able to be sent anymore - be that the email confirming the order to the client or emails confirming shipping etc from the mail section of the order process area.

Are Actinic aware of this issue - is it something Actinic are working on or is it Host Europes problem?

Host Europe appear to have placed more spam preventing measures which have affected the operation of Actinic - typical error message received:

Program = ORDERSCR, Program version = 441 , HTTP Server = Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) (Red-Hat, Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2003/08/05 19:21, Internal Errors = Error returned from SMTP server (4: 550 relaying to <amc_raiden@hotmail.com> prohibited by administrator

Actinic - any comments?
    Webmarquetry Ltd
    Bespoke Web Sites and Ecommerce
    http://www.webmarquetry.com
    01371 873894

I'm using Webfusion and am still able to send messages, although I am having problems sending to AOL customers as it is bounced back from their mailserver:

SMTP error from remote mailer after initial connection:
    host mailin-04.mx.aol.com [205.188.156.154]: 554-(RLY:B1) The information presently available to AOL indicates this
    554-server is generating high volumes of member complaints from AOL's
    554-member base. Based on AOL's Unsolicited Bulk E-mail policy at
    554-http://www.aol.com/info/bulkemail.html AOL may not accept further
    554-e-mail transactions from this server or domain. For more information,
    554 please visit http://postmaster.info.aol.com.

Any ideas?

Comment

Hi Mark

I have not heard of this problem at all in the Support department. The error does show that it is a smtp server error, rathar than an actinic error message.

Program = ORDERSCR, Program version = 441 , HTTP Server = Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) (Red-Hat, Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2003/08/05 19:21, Internal Errors = Error returned from SMTP server (4: 550 relaying to <amc_raiden@hotmail.com> prohibited by administrator
      My only advise to you, would be to either speak to Host Europe regarding this issue, and mention that it has been working fine before, or if your server supports SendMail then apply Norman fix which can be found here

Hope this helps
      Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

Solution!

Web Fusion have confirmed that they have altered their SMTP settings and all Web Fusion/Host Europe/Magic Moments servers should have the SMTP server shown as 127.0.0.1 within Actinic.

This appears to have cured the problem.

Thanks for the help.
        Webmarquetry Ltd
        Bespoke Web Sites and Ecommerce
        http://www.webmarquetry.com
        01371 873894

Comment

I too am having problems sending emails through actinic when hosted on webfusion!

PHP Code:
          Failed to communicate with the SMTP server.

Possible Cause

Network transmission problems.

Recommendation

Retry 

Resolution

If 
          retry failscheck your SMTP settings

or contact your ISP.

The error was:
          [
          email]58315paul@cite.co.ukEr[/email]ror returned from SMTP server (4relaying to <paul@cite.co.ukprohibited by administrator

Command
          send     Filename
          i have tried using 127.0.0.1 within the actinic network settings as quoted by Mark but to no avail .... any other suggestions ???

Comment

I am using localhost in the settings and have as yet no problem. Maybe I will try the AOL browser for myself and get back to you all

In fact I tested a site on webfusion yesterday with IE and all was fine. Is it just AOL that the problem happens with.
            Owner of a broken heart

Comment

very strange .... came into the office this morning and its all suddenly working fine

Comment

Working...
              X