Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network setup test problem

Can anyone help with this problem.

It started when i found out that I could not send any emails from my site - receiving an error message invalid smtp server.

I ran a test through network setup and I am now getting an error message

The "acatalog" directory exists but is locked due to the directory's permissions. Actinic can not work with these settings. Press Cancel if you would like to manually change the permissions and re-run the test. Press Retry if you would like Actinic to attempt to change the permissions and rerun the test.

I have not changed any of the permissions on ther server.

What's your smtp server set to? Try setting to localhost - this might clear your problem, otherwise post your network settings here (with userid and p/w blanked out) and I'm sure someone will be able to help.

Comment

My settings are:

authsmtp.streamline.net
      username:sales@cnmdirect.co.uk
      password:******

I also cannot send or receive emails from my web site. I have tried streamline support but they are not much help. This has been working fine for the last 3 months and has suddenly stopped working. They did have a problem with the SMTP server but they say all is ok now.

Can anyone help

Comment

i find if i use my isp smtp server i get better results

and in the past when ive had this problem i know it seems silly, but i delete the server details apply then open put back in a reapply and it all works strange hey?

but as i say i use isp for outbound
        Remembering the road to Actinic enlightenment is a long and sometimes painful one.
        Current project:
        cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
        cheaplingerie4u.co.uk
        Something for the Missus,Something for the Weekend

Comment

Kevin

Try setting your SMTP server to localhost. See if that works.

Also, is your username the same as the company contact email address under business settings? I think I read somewhere on the forum that they should be the same - I'm sure someone will correct me if that's wrong.

HTH

Comment

Thanks for your reply guys.

I have tried using localhost and still get the same problem and have checked that the same email address is in the business settings. In fact I have not changed anything since I first got the site up and running 3 months ago.

I have tried send and email from my site via the contact us page and get an error "SMTP authentication not valid for this server".

Perhaps someone could try this and tell me if they get the same error
            www.cnmdirect.co.uk

I am still battling with streamline support with no avail yet.

I have actinic cover and was thinking about contacting them but I doi not think it is an Actinic problem

Comment

tried send and email from my site via the contact us page and get an error "SMTP authentication not valid for this server".
              this points the source of the error with your host. Confirm with them you can send email from your domainname using SMTP.

Can you send email using SMTP/your domain from Outlook

Comment

I may have cracked it !!

I have changed server settings to localhost without username and password and uploaded changes (didnt do that before) all works fine now.

I have tried a test order and emails are coming through. But when I try a test from web|network setup I still get the error message I originally got:

The "acatalog" directory exists but is locked due to the directory's permissions. Actinic can not work with these settings. Press Cancel if you would like to manually change the permissions and re-run the test. Press Retry if you would like Actinic to attempt to change the permissions and rerun the test.

Is this a problem or not ?

Comment

Have you checked the permissions on the cgi-bin and acatalog folders?

Comment

Working...
                  X